AIBU to expect a restaurant to deliver the takeaway that I've ordered.

(5 Posts)
cariadlet Fri 24-Jul-15 21:31:07

Friday night so we treated ourselves to a take away from our local restaurant. DD took 1 bite of her samosa and spat it out with a cry of "ugh, it's meat."

We're all veggies, I'd ordered veggie dishes, the container had "veg samosa" written on the lid, but sure enough it was meat inside.
So I put the samosa back in the container, cleared the bits off her plate and phoned the restaurant. They apologised and said they'd send us a veggie samosa.

Eventually the delivery man arrived with the veggie samosa and I gave him the meat one as I didn't want it in the house (plus I wanted to prove that it really was meat and we weren't trying to get freebies for nothing).

This time I took the samosas into the kitchen so that I could open them up (a portion is 2 samosas) before putting them on dd's plate. One was veggie but the other was another bloody meat one.

So I was back on the phone. This time I spoke to the manager who was very apologetic and said he'd send the delivery guy back with a veggie samosa - again.

The delivery man turned up and as I hadn't managed to catch him before he drove off with the 2nd samosa, I asked him to wait while I opened the 3rd portion in front of him. One was veggie and - yet again - the other was meat.

Aargh! Will not be ordering from there again.

Koalafications Fri 24-Jul-15 21:32:42

Fuck me that's another level of incompetency. Ridiculous.

GlitzAndGigglesx Fri 24-Jul-15 21:43:19

Sounds like they're all being prepped/cooked together. I really wouldn't have the patience to keep waiting though

UncertainSmile Fri 24-Jul-15 21:45:13

I'll have them

ouryve Fri 24-Jul-15 21:49:11

The fact that they can't even get their order straight tells you that they're probably not even careful about not cross contaminating veggie food with meat products.

You definitely would not be unreasonable to not give them your custom again. Even if the presence of meat didn't matter to you, it would make you wonder what else they're not being careful about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now