Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to throw all the fucking crockery away?

(16 Posts)
ProcrastinatorGeneral Fri 24-Jul-15 18:15:14

Except for my coffee mug of course.

Between the children and the bastarding cats there have been several pot casualties this last week. I don't buy expensive dishes, for obvious reasons. However I'm down to three plates and two bowls again we're not even going to mention the ovenware ok?

I've been eyeing up some enamel camping plates and bowls, as even the most destructive of my cats will have a job shattering one of those on the kitchen tiles at three in the sodding morning. There are some rather fetching navy blue ones, or I may go for the classic white with white rim sort.

The only plus side to the plight of my pot cupboard right now is that there's precious few dishes to do after dinner! grin

brew

Twinkie1 Fri 24-Jul-15 18:16:20

I'd shoot the cat and buy nice crockery.

AuntyMag10 Fri 24-Jul-15 18:17:13

I'm with Twinkie

tubbytimmy Fri 24-Jul-15 18:17:28

Plastic plates,bowls and cups for the dc.
Was fed up of replacing a whole set everyting.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Fri 24-Jul-15 18:20:10

If I shot that cat there would be three more to ascend to his glorious height of clumsy stupidity! The kitten in particular gives zero fucks for The Rules and will climb wherever she thinks will offer a good vantage point for jumping on the other three. The seven year old boy and the toddler are not known for their delicate way of clearing their plates either.

I should raid that 'we want plates' site for some ideas. Just no bloody crockery.

TaliZorahVasNormandy Fri 24-Jul-15 18:20:33

Yeah, cheap picnic shit for them. Get nice stuff for you and hide it some where.

helenahandbag Fri 24-Jul-15 18:21:26

DP lost a plate (???) and then kept leaving his dirty crockery everywhere so that the food hardened into cement so I made him use paper plates for a month. I wish I was joking. Watching a grown man eat soup out of the pot rather than just wash a fucking bowl pushed me to breaking point.

Euphemia Fri 24-Jul-15 18:22:02

DD's 13 and we still use plastic IKEA plates! grin

MissJoMarch Fri 24-Jul-15 18:22:10

Yep, I'm with Twinkie as well bloody hate cats

GrizzlebertGrumbledink Fri 24-Jul-15 18:54:20

We have apparently unbreakable ones, I think they're toughened glass

GrizzlebertGrumbledink Fri 24-Jul-15 18:54:34

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00IK57O3I/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?qid=1437760400&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=tempered+glass+plates&dpPl=1&dpID=31S1BK91fML&ref=plSrch

kinkyfuckery Fri 24-Jul-15 18:57:04

Stop leaving the crockery out overnight for the cats to knock over!

chickenfuckingpox Fri 24-Jul-15 18:58:11

i had an unbreakable bowl it shattered into a million pieces toughened glass my ass

CrohnicallyAspie Fri 24-Jul-15 19:00:44

I have asda smart price plates and bowls, I'm not the most delicate of creatures but these are practically indestructible, I think I've broken a total of one plate in the 8 years I've had them.

Methe Fri 24-Jul-15 19:06:16

yy to plastic. We've got plastic cups for the kids, I was so sick of replacing glasses. Dh and I drink out of plastic cups most of the time blush dh's favourite is a Lego movie hologram one that came fee with a happy meal grin

With regards to crockery.. Sainsburys bog standard chunky white stuff lasts for ages. I got two sets for £9 each a couple of years ago in the sales and still have most of it. Elegant it ain't, but it works.

luckiestgirlintheworld Fri 24-Jul-15 19:15:09

Enamel sounds great. Charity shop the last of your set and buy a whole new enamel set. White with blue rim. That would be very camp-y and cool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now