Talk

Advanced search

Books to help self confidence, calmness, self improvement of character.

(6 Posts)
Macmilla Fri 24-Jul-15 08:42:37

Is it just me, or do you often have those days when you think, 'why did I say that', or 'why didn't I stay calmer in that situation' or 'why did I say so much? I shouldn't have let myself get drawn into that'.

I find I have to keep checking myself in social situations, and I wish some of this would just come more naturally to me.

Does anyone have a great book for self improvement? Something you can dip into whenever you begin to doubt yourself (which I seem to do fairly regularly).

Fro example, I'll find myself 'copying' a friend's ideas. Or boasting about myself or my children, or dominating a conversation and not asking much about the other person. Or overreacting to a situation.

ILikeToClean Fri 24-Jul-15 09:06:28

I'd like to know this too...

Macmilla Fri 24-Jul-15 09:16:56

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. I would love to have more wisdom and maturity, a more calm and measured reaction in times of stress, to be more self assured and have more inner peace, not to be so easily influenced by others, and to be able to show I'm happy and have more fun.

ollieplimsoles Fri 24-Jul-15 09:23:40

Paul McKenna 'change your life in 7 days'

Absolutely amazing book and easy techniques, I accomplished so much from what I learnt.

Diryan Fri 24-Jul-15 10:57:59

I found this book very useful. I think a lot of the things I said & did came down to anxiety, ie I too could be a bit boastful about my children, and it was down to my anxiety that people were thinking I was a crap parent so I'd overcompensate. The book definitely helped with these type of thoughts.

Macmilla Fri 24-Jul-15 12:20:42

Thank you, these are great. Please keep them coming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now