Talk

Advanced search

To think that Kelly Rutherford has to deal with the consequences of her actions?

(15 Posts)
TwinkieTwinkle Thu 23-Jul-15 21:30:01

I was reading about the pretty awful custody battle between Kelly Rutherford (Lily in Gossip Girl. I know, so sad I know that!) and I felt truly terrible for her being separated from her children. Further reading made me aware of the fact that she deliberately tried to stifle contact between them and their father and that she was instrumental in him having his visa revoked, therefore not being able to reside in the US. As much as I feel for her being separated from her children, she took steps to alienate their father from them and it seems like it backfired. AIBU to think that yes, it is a shame for the children, but she knew full well what she was trying to do and the court has made the right decision, allowing the children to reside with their Dad who seems willing to facilitate contact?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly_Rutherford

kinkyfuckery Thu 23-Jul-15 21:37:06

Based solely on that wiki article you linked, he was deported due to illegal activity?

FarFromAnyRoad Thu 23-Jul-15 21:40:15

I don't know who she is and I don't know what Gossip Girl is and I remain grateful to the powers that be for those things.
YABU for reading sleb shite in the first place!

fastdaytears Thu 23-Jul-15 21:40:41

God I miss Gossip Girl. It was the best.

TwinkieTwinkle Thu 23-Jul-15 21:48:28

YABU for reading sleb shite in the first place!

Ok, I'll completely ignore a reported on custody battle because one of them is a celebrity.

TwinkieTwinkle Thu 23-Jul-15 21:51:07

kinkyfuckery I know wiki is not the most reliable source but it usually has the basic facts right, hence why I linked it as it gave the general gist of the situation. I haven't noticed mention of illegal activity anywhere else, it seems as though he was deported on a technicality that she reported, presumably to try and claim sole custody. It seems to have backfired.

TwinkieTwinkle Thu 23-Jul-15 21:52:29

fast Obviously I've not decided to rewatch it on Netflix after being reminded of it...

NormanLamont Sat 08-Aug-15 23:22:57

She's really upped the ante now;

will not end well :-( ink{http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3190083/I-lawfully-send-children-away-United-States-Kelly-Rutherford-refuses-fly-siblings-Helena-Hermes-father-Monaco.html#comments\www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3190083/I-lawfully-send-children-away-United-States-Kelly-Rutherford-refuses-fly-siblings-Helena-Hermes-father-Monaco.html#comment]]s}

NormanLamont Sat 08-Aug-15 23:23:26

Erm

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3190083/I-lawfully-send-children-away-United-States-Kelly-Rutherford-refuses-fly-siblings-Helena-Hermes-father-Monaco.html#comments

Patapouf Sun 09-Aug-15 02:26:05

So you think she deserves to have limited contact with her children? If her ex-husband didn't comply with US immigration that means that he should get full custody? YABU.

he's hardly facilitating contact is he, by moving the children so far away from their mother ffs.

NickiFury Sun 09-Aug-15 02:43:56

This guy had his visa revoked due to criminal activity involving fraud, possible drug and weapon dealing offences and you're saying KR deserves what happens because she let the powers that be know about this? Er, what?!

NeedsAsockamnesty Sun 09-Aug-15 03:12:00

So highlighting crime and potential terrorist actions that results in a legal deportation is now refered to as parental alienation.

I will make sure I point that out to the clients I have who are currently actively supporting HMCS by working with the CPS to secure convictions against criminals who they happen to have children with.

Or perhaps if you are a parent who does not want to be deported or jailed
and that sort of thing you just conduct yourself in such a way that it is not a risk,it may be an out there idea but not doing shit that will get you deported or inprisoned may be the way to go as opposed to doing it then bitching about being alienated from your kids.

SunflowerSmile Sun 09-Aug-15 03:51:52

What I think must be heartbreaking is this decision was made 3 years ago (I think) where the children were made to live in Monaco with the father as he didn't have a visa for the States (I read somewhere he didn't reapply for a visa). As time goes on, can the courts argue that they have no connection to the States? That would be my fear -an initial illogical decision could impact everything. In the past few weeks both Cailfornia and New York have said it is no longer in their jurisdiction. Whether she has acted rightly or wrongly, I'm not sure. I do understand if she is in the right how incredibly frustrating and heart breaking it must be.

ChwatFeechers Sun 09-Aug-15 04:11:14

What a mess. I feel sorry for the children.

NormanLamont Sun 09-Aug-15 09:35:35

It could really escalate now (international kidnapping warrants etc). I agree; Poor DC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now