Talk

Advanced search

To have cried in public today

(20 Posts)
Doubtfuldaphne Wed 22-Jul-15 19:39:37

I've had a very stressful week this week, today was the worst. I was so stressed by the time I got to my last job of the day. The man I had to deal with was so, so nasty and rude to me that I just broke down! He stood there smirking at me with no apology which made it worse.
Usually I can hold it together easily, most of the time I don't even have any stress.
I need to let this go don't I? Part of me wants to complain about how horrible this man was (he was a business owner) but another just says to get on with it and forget it now.

OrangeVase Wed 22-Jul-15 19:47:48

Oh, I am sorry. How awful for you. Some people are just horrible. Whether you can complain or not depends on the set up and what would come of it if you did.

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 22-Jul-15 19:51:24

Imagine how miserable and hateful his life must be if he can't show compassion to someone who is unhappy. What a meaningless, cold life he must lead.

So you cried, meh. Onward and upwards.

TruJay Wed 22-Jul-15 19:55:28

No I've cried in public, I was heavily pregnant, in the middle of York, my DS wouldn't behave and it was bloody boiling, I was knackered and had had enough, I just burst into tears. A poor guy stopped to check on me, he was so worried, bless him.
Don't beat yourself up sometimes things just get on top of you, have a nice hot bath and chill out tonight. I hope you feel better soon.
That guy was just an ass!

MrsBobDylan Wed 22-Jul-15 20:03:45

Crying isn't a sign of weakness, it's the body's way of emptying out stress hormones. So it will have done you good. And the nasty man can fuck off.

OftheTwilighttheDarkness Wed 22-Jul-15 20:06:03

I had to go and cry and hyperventilate in the toilet last Friday at work before joining a conference call. It was my last day before going on leave for a couple of weeks and I ended up having to re- do a complicated piece of work as I had not been given all ( the correct ) information I had asked for.
I was so tired and so stressed.

OftheTwilighttheDarkness Wed 22-Jul-15 20:07:13

And you WNBU.

Handsoffmysweets Wed 22-Jul-15 20:16:47

Let me guess OP? Pathetic little twat of a man was he? Sounds it! YANBU at all. I'd like to bop him one on your behalf. Open a bottle of wine, put your feet up and chill. flowers for you OP x

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 22-Jul-15 20:29:06

The ignorant nasty prick. I bet you felt like jumping up and wiping that stupid smirk off his face.
I bet his approach would have been a lot calmer if you'd been a 6ft tall 6ft wide man.
I hope your boss was helpful and sympathetic because he/she does have a legal and moral duty of care to you, and I hope next time. Mr Nasty Prick comes into your place of work your boss has a professional but stern word with him about abuse to staff not being tolerated.
You enjoy a nice glass of wine

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 22-Jul-15 20:29:57

I'd like to bop him on your behalf
^
Yeah me too.grin

Doubtfuldaphne Wed 22-Jul-15 20:38:02

I haven't had alcohol for about ten years so I'd better not have any or I'll feel quite ill! Yes to an early night though.
Thank you so much for your replies, it's made me feel better.
I've never ever cried in public and because I suffer with anxiety I'm now worrying I'm actually heading for a break down which really I know I'm not. It's just a bad week.
I haven't told my boss yet. I'm a PA and was out at the time doing a job for her.

GasLIghtShining Wed 22-Jul-15 20:52:29

You poor thing. Big hugs

Will your boss back you up if you putin an official complaint.

I am very stressed at them moment. The other day I had a really nasty e-mail and I just sat there and sobbed my heart out.

I wish I could not drink but it seems the more stressed I am the more I drink

Doubtfuldaphne Wed 22-Jul-15 20:54:49

Poor you sad
I have a white magnum ice cream addiction in the place of wine.

SnakeWitch Wed 22-Jul-15 20:58:52

I properly sobbed in the street a couple of weeks ago because I had to get off a bus because it was £2.10 to literally go down the road and I didn't have enough change. I had been poorly and it just all got too much. A lovely lady stopped me and asked if I was OK which made me feel more silly! We all do it, hope you feel better now.

Moleyjay Wed 22-Jul-15 21:01:31

If it makes you feel better i burst into tears on my class the other week with the headteacher in the room-that was fun!

Doubtfuldaphne Wed 22-Jul-15 21:01:51

It's true, everyone does it at some point.
I just feel a bit embarrassed. I couldn't bloody stop!

Doubtfuldaphne Wed 22-Jul-15 21:02:55

Oh gosh we're all at it!
It does make me feel better! More crying stories everyone!!

msgrinch Wed 22-Jul-15 21:09:01

Your human, we cry. thanks I cry out of sheer stress and frustration sometimes. I'm sorry you've had a shit day. wine

pasturesgreen Wed 22-Jul-15 21:17:54

Oh, OP, I feel for you! It's not the end of the world, though, and most importantly it's that horrible man that has a problem, not you.

When I was just starting with my pupillage, one of the senior partners at the firm was a nasty, horrible bully known for his short temper.

I lost count of the times he shouted insults and hurled court papers, pencils, even a cut-glass ashtray once, at me in a fit of temper (not just me, though, he was like that to all junior staff. I was glad to leave).

I used to lock myself in the ladies afterwards, sit on the floor and cry.

God, how incredibly relieved I am now I don't work there ananymore!

Jewels234 Wed 22-Jul-15 21:52:52

Oh my goodness what an arse (him, not you). We have all, at some point, cried in public. From the most trivial to the most (can't think of the opposite) un-trivial reasons. I think I possibly cry in public on a monthly basis for things that just get on top of me. It's so normal.

What isn't normal is his reaction. I would just feel pity for him that he is such a nob.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now