Talk

Advanced search

Quick, quick! Aibu to ask him to clean my oven properly?

(8 Posts)
Flossyfloof Wed 22-Jul-15 16:48:21

Just got a firm in to do the oven. It wasn't awful at all but it had streaks and bits I couldn't shift ( or be bothered). He has just called me and there is still residue from when I tried to clean - my stuff leaves a powdery substance and he hasn't cleaned it off.
Aibu? Cost is 35.

Flossyfloof Wed 22-Jul-15 16:49:04

I have asked him to do those bits properly - am not very happy as he assured me it would look brand new and it doesn't!

knittingdad Wed 22-Jul-15 16:53:08

If he doesn't provide the service as stated then don't pay.

Flossyfloof Wed 22-Jul-15 16:54:59

Well I just pointed out the bits I wasn't happy with and he has taken out the silicone strip and put it in a tank in the van. He told me they have 100% satisfaction and he is a nice young man and I feel mean

shoofly Wed 22-Jul-15 16:55:26

Ask him why he hasn't done the job to the standard he promised?

Flossyfloof Wed 22-Jul-15 16:55:46

He said he didn't want to damage the silicone - but he needs to clean it properly, doesn't he?

Flossyfloof Wed 22-Jul-15 16:56:22

I am finding it hard but if I wanted a half arsed job I can do that myself. He is fairly new to the job

Flossyfloof Wed 22-Jul-15 16:57:04

Oh well that will teach me for being lazy. If they ask me for feedback I can't say it is fantastic because it isn't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now