Talk

Advanced search

Is a parking one...

(120 Posts)
lemoncurd20 Wed 22-Jul-15 15:02:27

So I live in a converted Victorian house which is now 3 flats.

Each flat has a numbered parking space, however due to the shape, any more than 3 cars and at least one person is blocked in (so visitors must park elsewhere).

Two people who do not live here have taken it upon themselves to park in our spaces, it seems they are there 9-5 so not a problem all the time (I have a day off on Thursdays so is an issue then as am blocked in) but at the moment I have a week off and went out this morning (about 11, no cars!) came back about 2 and there they were, in my space and my neighbours. I've had to block them in.

At first I didn't know who they were, and have still never seen them so I left a note on the car which usually blocks me in asking that if they had to block me in could they please leave a number. I received a really rude note back and no number.

I'm getting really frustrated, I don't think it's an unfair expectation to be able to access my allocated parking space when I need it.

AIBU or should I just continue having to find another parking space in town? angry

lemoncurd20 Wed 22-Jul-15 15:02:48

Title is supposed to be it's...!!

GoofyIsACow Wed 22-Jul-15 15:03:45

Is it legally your space?

GoofyIsACow Wed 22-Jul-15 15:04:11

And is it on street parking or private off road?

cuntycowfacemonkey Wed 22-Jul-15 15:05:16

Block them in and then be "unavailable" to move your car when they return, rinse, repeat until they get the message

AliceAlice1979 Wed 22-Jul-15 15:05:33

<did anyone say bollard yet>

Sparklingbrook Wed 22-Jul-15 15:07:18

Block them in and go on holiday.

lemoncurd20 Wed 22-Jul-15 15:09:38

It's rented, off street parking. It's a mini car park.

I know they'll want to leave about 5 and I'm getting pretty nervous thinking about it!!

OberonTheHopeful Wed 22-Jul-15 15:10:41

Block them in and emigrate.

Sparklingbrook Wed 22-Jul-15 15:11:07

Are they parking for work?

lemoncurd20 Wed 22-Jul-15 15:13:33

Might try that, Oberon!

Sparkling - yes, I believe so.

Lj8893 Wed 22-Jul-15 15:14:16

Is the allocated space on your tenancy agreement or numbered/signed on the actual space?

I wouldn't let them out when they want to leave, leave your car there till you need to use it next. Keep repeating every time they are in your space.

Nurserywindow Wed 22-Jul-15 15:15:55

If they're parked on private property can you not have their cars towed away?

OberonTheHopeful Wed 22-Jul-15 15:16:58

It seems like they are just trying it on and have no right to park in your spaces; inconveniencing them just for an hour or two might be enough to put them off parking there again.

Sparklingbrook Wed 22-Jul-15 15:18:51

That's so cheeky. Parking in a private numbered parking space all day, then having the nerve to leave a rude note to your polite request. angry

DorisLessingsCat Wed 22-Jul-15 15:19:56

You've made a rookie error by not stamping on it the first time it happened wink but yes, agree with everyone here. Block them in and then go to the cinema / on holiday / expedition to the moon depending on how fierce you are feeling.

Be prepared for a sheepish-yet-angry confrontation with an entitled git.

Stay firm and repeat like a broken record: "This is private parking. You are tresspassing".

Angria Wed 22-Jul-15 15:19:59

They are parking off the street in a space allocated to a flat, is that correct?

That's an outrageous cheek.

JassyRadlett Wed 22-Jul-15 15:20:15

Yes, I'd definitely find a reason to go out for a few hours in the late afternoon.

Book + cafe? Take yourself to a film?

glenthebattleostrich Wed 22-Jul-15 15:20:28

In all seriousness I'd pop out for a glass of wine just before 5. Amble back around 6.30 unable to drive and make them get a taxi home.

With selfish arses its only serious inconvenience that makes them change their habits.

lemoncurd20 Wed 22-Jul-15 15:20:56

Yes it's numbered Lj. I don't know Nursery, maybe? But it's owned by my landlord not me.

Maybe I'll just be asleep when they ring up.

lemoncurd20 Wed 22-Jul-15 15:23:35

Sparkling - the note was along the lines of "grow a f*cking back bone and ask me to move", I have no idea how I'm supposed to do that if I don't know who they are. They are obviously old enough to know better though, the car is very obviously a family car.

Yes Angria, that's correct.

You know what, I might just pop out at half 4. I'm a bit scared what I will return to though, given the note I don't think I'd like to meet them in a dark alley.

Salmotrutta Wed 22-Jul-15 15:23:58

Leave your car blocking them in.

Leave a note saying "You are parked on a private rented space. Sadly, I am now away for the night but will be back at some point tomorrow".

Then hang around and watch pretending to be someone else.

Cheeky bugger.

GoofyIsACow Wed 22-Jul-15 15:24:05

Fuckers... Block them in, definitely.

Angria Wed 22-Jul-15 15:24:30

Is must be a problem for your neighbours too, could you all confront them.

Nurserywindow Wed 22-Jul-15 15:25:48

I think Salmotrutta's idea is good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now