Talk

Advanced search

to have food cravings?

(10 Posts)
Happy36 Tue 21-Jul-15 22:09:16

Today my cravings have included freezing cold cranberry and raspberry juice, a poached egg with Tabasco sauce, a toasted cheese sandwich made in an old fashioned sandwich toaster using wholemeal bread and cheddar, the strawberries from strawberry jam, coleslaw, frappucino, tinned pineapple, and garlic prawns. (These are just the ones I can remember).

What is wrong with me?

EatShitDerek Tue 21-Jul-15 22:17:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PuntasticUsername Tue 21-Jul-15 22:22:04

I think the standard mn advice in these situations is to POAS? smile

BollocksBudget Tue 21-Jul-15 22:37:53

Today I craved ham and branston butties (with shitloads of butter) and then mint Aero balls.

Most days I crave cheese and onion crisp and chocolate (which has to be eaten in alternate bites of each) and strawberry triffle.

I always eat whatever I'm craving as I believe my body must need it if I'm craving it. I'm just lucky that body needs lots of triffle and not poisoness things like kale or chickpeas.

Loletta Tue 21-Jul-15 22:39:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BollocksBudget Tue 21-Jul-15 22:51:43

Ooh another thing I often crave is tesco finest creamy coleslaw but I can only eat it with a side of KFC grin

Happy36 Wed 22-Jul-15 13:57:22

Puntastic Have my period at the moment so think pregnancy out of the question? Also, I've had food cravings for 37 and a half years but only been pregnant for 18 months of that time... blush blush blush

Loletta I know! blush It's always been like that.

Now craving Branston pickle after reading this thread!

How often do you give into your random cravings, if ever?

Sickofthesnow Wed 22-Jul-15 19:09:31

My PMS cravings verge on ridiculous sometimes. Bearing in mind I was sterilised almost 6 years ago, I'm NOT pregnant and I have no excuse except PMS lol!

This last week I've felt sick most of it, but when that sick feeling isn't there, I'm craving coffee, coco-pops, more coffee, crispy rolls with grated cheese (has to be medium cheddar), oven chips on a sandwich, nutella on any sort of bread/roll, ice cream, and right now I'm wanting a bacon roll (smokey bacon) even though I've just had baked potato with stir fried veg.

Sucks being female!

sliceofsoup Wed 22-Jul-15 19:23:23

I once had a craving for broccoli.

I HATED broccoli my whole life. But still, the craving came and would not go away. Then one day in the canteen in college they had a chicken and broccoli pasta bake, and I had some, and ate the broccoli like it was chocolate. Now I LOVE broccoli.

I am weird.

Happy36 Wed 22-Jul-15 20:34:47

I am always craving coffee, even when I am drinking a cup. I set myself a five cups per week limit and then have to keep adding water to each one until it's vaguely brownish liquid, but I don't care because my allowance hasn't run out yet.

I love broccoli!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now