Talk

Advanced search

To feel sad that my dd finishes primary school today

(9 Posts)
why156 Tue 21-Jul-15 11:45:27

Graduation yesterday, last day today. She says she is glad to leave the school and it is obvious that her and her friends are ready to move on / have outgrown it but, I feel sad and kind of raw blush.

SOB.

why156 Tue 21-Jul-15 11:46:13

Sorry - comma in wrong place

StillStayingClassySanDiego Tue 21-Jul-15 11:53:53

I felt uncomfortable when ds3 left primary, he is my youngest and it was the sense of him needing me less as he became more independent.

Anyway it didn't last long, then ds1 left home for university and ds2 will this year as well <sobs loudly>.

Have a gentle rub on your shoulder and prepare for secondary school wink

WorraLiberty Tue 21-Jul-15 11:58:04

I felt like you this time last year OP, when my youngest left Primary school.

He's finished year 7 last Friday and I don't know where the year has gone confused

ShellyBobbs Tue 21-Jul-15 12:01:06

I felt sad like this when I was needed less, I had another 2 children. grin

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 21-Jul-15 12:07:05

I was glad to see the end, can't wait for senior school. I have survived since year 3, DD was happy I just put up with what was causing me a problem.
Problems are not going to senior school.

Lurkedforever1 Tue 21-Jul-15 12:19:04

Dds just finished, and despite the fact she's ready to move on and her secondary is amazing with if anything more opportunities to be happy, it's still been very emotional for me and dd who are usually anything but. It just seems sad to take her from somewhere we both really love. We've just been trying to view it from the angle of if she stayed another year she'd have been counting the days and wouldn't be leaving with happy memories.

Clutterbugsmum Tue 21-Jul-15 12:58:46

I feel the same, my first is leaving the primary school tomorrow. She has her end of year disco tonight and last day.

She is very emotional, had a really bad day on Saturday when we went to get her high school uniform. I think the last few days it has all been coming far to real for her.

As much as I will be glad she finished primary as she needs to be pushed in her work as I feel the school have settled since christmas that because she was at, if not a little bit above average they have just taught her at that level rather push to the next level IYKWIM.

SparkleZilla Tue 21-Jul-15 14:25:29

I've got mums on my FB feed bemoaning that their DCs are going into yr6!

its like really?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now