Talk

Advanced search

To expect my useless fu&$ing husband to out the bins out?

(26 Posts)
Attilathehunny Tue 21-Jul-15 01:48:49

Just that; every fucking week without fail he forgets. Then we are stuck with overflowing bins. He thinks because he can call the council ( not in UK) and get them to recollect that's it's all ok. LAST WEEK they bollocked him & said please remember to put them out and he's already forgotten. He thinks it's funny. It's his one fucking job as he is terminally crap with housework. I told him that if he was willing to clean shite of toilets, mold from round taps and clean fridges out on a regular basis then I was more then happy to take over the bins. He told me I was overreacting and a bitch. I am a bitch I've litterly had enough of living with a overgrown teenager. I compleatly understand that thread the other day asking who had left a marriage because their other half was so feckin useless. Although come to think of it that poster was disabled and paranoid but you know what I mean!

scurryfunge Tue 21-Jul-15 01:54:28

It's not about the bins, it's about him calling you a bitch. Why tolerate that description?

Happy36 Tue 21-Jul-15 02:04:06

Switch jobs with him. Assign him one that he can't call the council to help with.

1Morewineplease Tue 21-Jul-15 06:22:16

Do you love him?

Euphemia Tue 21-Jul-15 06:25:39

Does he have paid employment?

hesterton Tue 21-Jul-15 06:28:09

Oh just kick him out. Life is too short to share with inbeciles or pathetic losers.

fourtothedozen Tue 21-Jul-15 06:33:51

And his qualities are?................

VortexOfDisaster Tue 21-Jul-15 06:40:22

Where does the council come out to collect your rubbish if you forget to put it out? I think I might want to go and live there...

Yes, useless of him not to put it out, and yes to the fact there is an issue about him calling you names.

Does he have any redeeming qualities?

Fairylea Tue 21-Jul-15 06:58:48

He called you a bitch? Awful. No respect whatsoever.

Put him out with the bins.

Squeegle Tue 21-Jul-15 06:59:03

You don't sound very fond of him

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 21-Jul-15 07:20:53

And yet another reason why I no longer have a husband.

Esmeismyhero Tue 21-Jul-15 07:28:22

my husband is the same! We are in the UK so have fortnightly collections and me having to load the car full of stinking rubbish is very very very FUCKING boring.

flowers op and hopefully the council will tell him off again

Esmeismyhero Tue 21-Jul-15 07:29:09

squeegle I wouldn't be fond of a lazy fecker either <rolls eyes at squeegle>

CalmYourselfTubbs Tue 21-Jul-15 07:38:20

why are you with this manchild?

Cherryblossomsinspring Tue 21-Jul-15 07:45:30

Oh my god. The bins. Thanks for reminding me. Hopefully will catch them.

I think he's annoying and I understand your irritation but if you are calling him fucking useless and he calls you a bitch, the problem is far worse than him being a man child.

Attilathehunny Tue 21-Jul-15 09:16:50

We live in Australia the land of sunshine & weekly bin collections. Which is why it's quite complicated to just LTB. Can you leave someone for not putting the bins out? Probably, but we have a child so I cant come home to the UK & can't afford to pay the rent on my own. But yes we both work but as so often on mumsnet I do all the housework. How do we become these cliches?

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Tue 21-Jul-15 09:19:12

Can he set a reminder on his phone? I always forget to put the garden waste bin out and so have set a reminder in my phone's calendar.

I8Gorgonzola Tue 21-Jul-15 09:22:09

So you do the housework, and he works full time.

In your opinion, he is a useless fucking husband, and is terminally crap with housework? But he calls you a bitch and he's the unreasonable one??

Have you tried just reminding him? Oh, love, the bins need taking out again.

Someone asked earlier if he had any redeeming qualities? I am more inclined to ask if the OP has any, because she sounds like a spoilt brat.

Your problems are more than the bins here love.

birobenny Tue 21-Jul-15 09:31:47

i8gorgonzola clearly has the reading version of selective deafness. Doh!

pigsDOfly Tue 21-Jul-15 09:41:12

I live on my own so have to take the bins out myself. Not entirely sure why it's a man job rather than something anyone who remembers to do it can do.

I certainly wouldn't leave it to my oh if he kept 'forgetting' if it mean't I was the one filling up my car with smelly rubbish bags on a regular basis as pp said.

Give him other things to do if he's not pulling his weight with the housework and just put the bins out yourself.

birobenny Tue 21-Jul-15 09:52:53

Well pigs you live on your own and there's your answer .when I lived alone I could take out my bins without any difficulty. Unfortunately when you add a DH and dC into the mix the bins tend to get bigger and heavier...

Agree with suggestion of setting alarm on his phone . Also if he calls you a bitch again suggest you bag up all his clothes and chuck them in bin ��

pigsDOfly Tue 21-Jul-15 10:07:59

I've also been married and had 3 children birobenny so I know how heavy family bins can be and I still managed to put them out myself as my exh was of the opinion that as he provided money everything else was my province; one of the many reasons he's my exh.

I'm not suggesting the op's husband shouldn't do anything around the house. I just wouldn't make the bins an issue if he finds winding her up about them amusing.

I8Gorgonzola Tue 21-Jul-15 15:32:28

I'm sorry birobenny, did I miss something out, or misread something?

Do enlighten me.

IhateMagic Tue 21-Jul-15 15:38:13

Next time he forgets and calls the council , hide the bins and tell him the council took them away.

Yes, you did miss something "we both work"

If the OP also works why should she do all the damn housework?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now