Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your advice again?

(14 Posts)
Cheesecake1980 Mon 20-Jul-15 10:08:23

So following on from my other thread about us always having to host in laws the cheesecake family have decided to go away for Christmas (please don't flame me).
So lovely people I am open to all suggestions on where to go. Considering uk or abroad 2 DC 10 & 13 .
Please would you share you best experiences and any advice you can give.
Sorry in advance for the introduction of Christmas but I want to plan early so in laws have enough time to make their own plansgrin

DisappointedOne Mon 20-Jul-15 10:19:00

DH and I have gone away for most xmases over the last 14 years. We booked houses in the far north of Scotland, north of England, Devon (DDwas only 10 weeks old for that one and i thought a 12 hour drive a bit much!) or Germany/Belgium/France (for the Xmas markets. We love it. We don't even do Xmas while we're there.

Cheesecake1980 Mon 20-Jul-15 10:29:55

Thanks DissapointedOne
Think we will have to do Xmas though as my children will never forgive me!

TheMoa Mon 20-Jul-15 10:35:27

I looked at Forest Holidays, they looked lovely - they give you a tree and everything, and with el Nino, it might even snow!

www.forestholidays.co.uk/dates-for-your-diary/uk-christmas-breaks

Our Christmas plans have gone to pot this year though, so it's not happening for us.

TheRealAmyLee Mon 20-Jul-15 10:39:49

I would stay uk based if you want to pressies etc. Much easier logistically. Go somewhere they will cater. Not making your own christmas dinner is great. Trying to make Christmas dinner in a caravan is a nightmare.

LadyCuntingtonThe3rd Mon 20-Jul-15 10:44:48

Finland, Santa's village.

Caitmous Mon 20-Jul-15 10:47:34

I was coming on to also say Forest Holidays. We had our Christmas there last year and it was brilliant - log burner, hot tub, under floor heating, Christmas tree in lodge, Father Christmas came, carols, long walks, deer, country pubs. Magical.

Cheesecake1980 Mon 20-Jul-15 11:06:56

caitmous that sounds lovely. Only thing is i really don't want to shop for & cook christmas dinner.
Did you go out for Christmas day? Do you mind me asking which one you went to ?

AbbyCadabra Mon 20-Jul-15 11:13:35

I just googled Christmas at Forest Holidays. Please, please take me with you, Cheesecake. I can do the washing up?

sonjadog Mon 20-Jul-15 11:21:40

We went to Morocco for Christmas year before last. It was great. They don't celebrate Christmas though, so if you still want to do Christmas, it may not be the place to go.

Cheesecake1980 Mon 20-Jul-15 11:35:43

AbyCadabara grin

Cheesecake1980 Mon 20-Jul-15 14:17:40

Anyone else pleeeese?

GloGirl Mon 20-Jul-15 14:42:07

I've done a Forest Holidays but not at Christmas, I would go back. They are all nearish nice country style pubs I imagine, have a look and see I'm sure somewhere would do a Christmas dinner.

UrethraFranklin1 Mon 20-Jul-15 14:57:25

You could go to the christmas topic. Or the travel topic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now