Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to wish I could just bloody sleep?

(13 Posts)
pumapants Mon 20-Jul-15 01:35:51

I've had a stinking cold since Friday and have spent most of the weekend counting down the seconds until bed time, just desperate for sleep.

So why, now, when I've been lying in bed since 9.30pm, can I not sleep?! Every minute that ticks by makes me dread the early morning tomorrow. I'm useless on lack of sleep!

<cries>

Sleepingbunnies Mon 20-Jul-15 01:38:18

I had a nap earlier, because I'd been up since 5am with sick DC. Now I cannot sleep and we leave for holiday in about 8 hours. sad

It's stressing me out!!!

Icimoi Mon 20-Jul-15 01:40:32

Both OP and sleeping bunnies: it doesn't matter if you don't sleep. Really. Your body clocks will click in, you will be able to function. Relax about it. And who knows what will happen if you relax?

WaggleBee Mon 20-Jul-15 01:43:29

I have insomnia and a very bad cold.

I've given up trying. I'm watching Netflix with a Vicks stick inhaler wedged up one nostril.

<helpful>

FastWindow Mon 20-Jul-15 01:50:07

Lying down and doing nothing counts as sleep when you have dc. It does. In fact four minutes without some kind of demand counts as downtime. Sleep is overrated. <also helpful>

pumapants Mon 20-Jul-15 01:53:40

I'm trying to relaaaaaaax but inside I'm exploding with impatience! I always end up being sick if I haven't had enough sleep, and no one wants that on a Monday morning...

FastWindow Mon 20-Jul-15 02:08:53

I heard a nice thing. It was this: to go to sleep, one must pretend to be asleep. That's true for everyone.

Ludoole Mon 20-Jul-15 02:56:57

Ive had 3 hours sleep a night for 12 months... lack of sleep is miserable!!!

AlwaysDancing1234 Mon 20-Jul-15 06:05:47

I sympathise OP, it's bloody horrible when you just can't sleep.
DD is not a great sleeper and I find it hard to get to sleep and stay asleep for any length of time hence I've not had more than a few hours a night for over a year now.
I sometimes fantasise about going to bed at 10pm and waking at 6am having had a whole 8 hours of restful sleep - if only!

OrangeSquashTallGlass Mon 20-Jul-15 06:50:10

I sympathise. I have a bigish day today on minimal sleep. Why is it so so easy to feel sleepy and want to nap in the daytime and so difficult to sleep in bed at night when we're supposed to?

pumapants Mon 20-Jul-15 07:12:56

Ludoole you are my hero! God knows how you're still functioning.

I managed to get a couple of hours in the end, but I'm so not ready to be using my brain today. Who invented summer colds anyway?

Hope the rest of you managed a bit of a kip too.

<yawn>

SparkleZilla Mon 20-Jul-15 16:27:37

i feel i havent slept in days

worried about work, worried about DM (got an early morning call to say was taken to hospital by ambulance - shes ok) then started worrying about what if that had been the call for her going in and not coming out.... head spinning - so VERY tired now (going to take one of my sleeping pills tonight!!)

pumapants Mon 20-Jul-15 20:18:20

Blimey sparkle - not a nice phone call to receive! Hope all is okay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now