Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to worry about my current situation even though I wouldn't bat an eyelid if it was someone else?!

(6 Posts)
ShimmeringCobalt Sun 19-Jul-15 19:59:44

I'm actually feeling slightly embarrassed blush

Currently on ML with dc2; definitely was last child...

Accidentally pregnant again despite using two forms of contraception.

I'm a teacher and am DREADING telling head teacher.

I was so ill during pregnancy last time, I had to take 7 weeks off work. Even if anyone so much as joked about number 3, I'd look at them like they were unhinged. I was so determined never to have a third and told everyone, loudly!

Now I'll be going back to work oregnant. It's really not ideal as work had been so flexible and organised a jobshare for me with someone who really only wants two days a week. Just feel I've really dropped everyone in it.

AIBU to be worried?

countryandchickens Sun 19-Jul-15 20:04:26

Yes and no.

The head will not be allowed to be anything other than professional. So don't worry about that.

Do prepare for months of hee-hawing about your raging sexual appetite though.

Hadron21 Sun 19-Jul-15 20:06:08

Congratulations! I'm desperado for a third, so slightly jealous. This what you have worked for. Maternity leave is a right not a privilege. Remember that!
How exciting. Best news I've heard all day xx

ShimmeringCobalt Sun 19-Jul-15 20:11:30

chickens stop that! Do not want discussions about my sex life at work! grin

ChampagneBabyCakes Sun 19-Jul-15 20:19:31

Similar thing happened to me - I felt like such a fool for having a happy accident when I'm clearly old enough to know how things work. Amazingly, my colleagues have been so lovely.

They will get plenty of years work out of you in the future!

Howmanywotwots Sun 19-Jul-15 20:19:41

Well the head might grumble a bit inwardly at first but probably won't give it a second thought after the initial news, they'll just get on with sorting it out. that's how I'd react

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now