Talk

Advanced search

ASOS, idiots or not?

(21 Posts)
ovaryhill Sun 19-Jul-15 14:05:30

Son home from Uni, he ordered some clothes from asos, one shirt didn't fit so ordered straight swap
However they have delivered to his old address in Edinburgh!
Now granted this is the address he has on his account but would common sense not tell them if it's straight swap to deliver it to same address first one was delivered too?
There was nowhere on the return form to specify address and as there is no-one in the old flat they say it's been left in secure location!
I would imagine it's been left in a bin outside as it wouldn't be the first time that has happened
Any advice please?

EatShitDerek Sun 19-Jul-15 14:06:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PHANTOMnamechanger Sun 19-Jul-15 14:08:30

he's an adult, let him sort it

Gruntfuttock Sun 19-Jul-15 14:08:36

I fail to see how it's ASOS's fault that it was delivered to the address on his account.

maybebabybee Sun 19-Jul-15 14:10:07

sorry OP but I'm afraid it was his fault. Why wouldn't they deliver to the address they were told to deliver to. For all they know he could have ordered the original shirt to his home address because he was staying there, and then gone back to uni so ordered the replacement one there.

Ashwinder Sun 19-Jul-15 14:10:23

My advice would be to let your adult son sort it out himself.

And then change his default address on his ASOS account.

Spartans Sun 19-Jul-15 14:11:59

When I returned stuff to asos it had a section for this. Are you sure he just fill on the return correctly?

RepeatAdNauseum Sun 19-Jul-15 14:12:48

So his address in Edinburgh is his default address?

It does say when you are filling in the little form to send back with the return (where he'll have specified that he wanted a replacement, rather than a return, and what size he wanted it in) that the new order will be sent to his default address. You can go and adjust this at any point up until dispatch.

Has he spoken to ASOS? They usually have really good customer service, although it does go notably downhill when it's really busy.

ovaryhill Sun 19-Jul-15 14:14:24

I assumed if you were ordering a new size they would deliver to the address they sent the first one to a few days earlier

NerrSnerr Sun 19-Jul-15 14:14:35

Sorry, it's your son's mistake. Let him sort it.

googoodolly Sun 19-Jul-15 14:15:02

No, they'll send it to the default address on the account!

butterfly133 Sun 19-Jul-15 14:16:09

YABU

if there was nowhere on the form to specify a different delivery address, he should have phoned them.

ovaryhill Sun 19-Jul-15 14:19:15

Ah ok I filled it in and sent it off, I didn't notice that bit
My fault!!!

Gruntfuttock Sun 19-Jul-15 14:23:58

Do you mean to say you expected ASOS to remember where the previous item was delivered to, so it shouldn't have been necessary to have changed the address on his account? Seriously?

maybebabybee Sun 19-Jul-15 14:30:51

why on earth are you doing this for your son anyway, am I missing something? :S

butterfly133 Sun 19-Jul-15 14:30:51

sorry OP, but I also have to say - why are you filling in the forms? He's an adult! Maybe you don't do it normally and it was a one off? But he should do them himself.

ovaryhill Sun 19-Jul-15 14:36:56

I did it for him as he's currently in hospital and is unlikely to get out until after the cut of date for sending it back, I presume that's a good enough reason

butterfly133 Sun 19-Jul-15 14:49:49

of course it is, and also a good enough reason for getting in a muddle over the address options - you must be very stressed!

hope he recovers soon.

hhuckabees Sun 19-Jul-15 14:58:41

I regularly order from asos, their customer service is fab. Yabu to expect them to intuitively deal with address changes on your behalf.

AnneLovesGilbert Mon 20-Jul-15 15:14:49

Hope your son's better soon OP. I've always found asos really helpful, and I wouldn't worry about the cut off date. I missed it once and they still arranged a refund which arrived really quickly. If you're worried it's worth calling them.

scarlets Mon 20-Jul-15 15:52:14

I've had some great bargains from Asos, but I was irritated once when they alleged that a returned tunic had been worn, so was ineligible for refund. I'm not the kind of scumbag who returns used items!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now