Talk

Advanced search

To wonder how women tour cyclists have a wee?

(9 Posts)
2rebecca Sat 18-Jul-15 19:54:53

Husband and I both cycle. Watching the Tour de France and we know the blokes have wee stops where they just turn to the side slow down and lower their shorts and the cameras don't film that bit.
What do women cyclists do though, particularly if wearing bib shorts.
I rarely wear bib shorts because having a wee is such a fangle in them.
Do they get off their bikes when a convenient bush approaches? Seems a bit coy for professional sports people but tour routes are often lined with spectators so there's not much privacy.
Anyone know?
Male purvy lurkers please f off!

bonzo77 Sat 18-Jul-15 20:08:52

I bet they just wee themselves. Seems silly to stop and the wet marks would blend with the sweat. They're going to shower after anyway.

fredfredgeorgejnr Sat 18-Jul-15 20:11:35

The races are simply much shorter.

Longdistance Sat 18-Jul-15 20:12:00

I saw a marathon runner in Dublin who shat herself and carried on. Maybe they just wee themselves as pp suggested.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sat 18-Jul-15 20:14:36

There are loads of women doing the Etape in Francevtomorrow along with men, it's hours and hours. I should think they just pee in as bonzo suggests?

RagstheInvincible Sat 18-Jul-15 20:14:58

TMI, Longdistance, TMI.

googoodolly Sat 18-Jul-15 20:20:44

They just pee themselves I would imagine!

VeryPunny Sat 18-Jul-15 20:21:38

A friend does Ironman competitively (as in she is one of the best in Europe). They just wee on the fly, as it were, on the long cycle rides.

cheminotte Sat 18-Jul-15 20:22:47

Maybe they use a Shewee or similar?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now