Talk

Advanced search

To say can't be just be nice to each other?

(10 Posts)
Everstrong Sat 18-Jul-15 17:07:38

Come on, we're all doing a pretty good job.

The teachers are pleased they've got 6 weeks off- good for them, I couldn't deal with other peoples kids all day. And I know you'll be working a lot of that holiday anyway.

The NHS staff are taking selfies on their breaks- our NHS isn't perfect but you're still doing your best and saving lives every day. The nation needs you!

The parents are parenting- it doesn't matter if you aren't being paid, parenting is a full time job and raising the adults of tomorrow is a valuable contribution to society!

So instead of all the negativity and competitive misery which seems to be abounding at the moment, can I just say let's go easy on each other because you never fully know another persons circumstances.

Unless of course you have a parking story to contribute...in which case the other driver is clearly an idiot!! grin

farmerslife Sat 18-Jul-15 17:09:43

Well said OP, the sun is shining also and there is peace for a while in the house it's not all bad is it.

I have a parking story this week which is being dealt with by the insurance company but I will have a Gin and smile !

caravanista13 Sat 18-Jul-15 17:11:30

You're right! I love a positive thread.

KittyandTeal Sat 18-Jul-15 17:12:56

Thank you (from a parent and a teacher)

I whole heartedly agree.

WorraLiberty Sat 18-Jul-15 17:18:17

Can't we just be liberally horrible to each other but in an unbiased way? grin

I don't care what you do for a living or how you parent.

You're all bastards.

There, that's sorted wine cake flowers

Everstrong Sat 18-Jul-15 17:47:38

Farmers how can you tease us with a hint of a parking story then not go further?!

Indeed Worra if the mood takes you then unbiased horribleness is acceptable!

Maybe I'll have a gin and tonic, that's usually enough to put me into "you're all bastards" mode

WorraLiberty Sat 18-Jul-15 17:49:36

Thanks you dopey fucker thanks

grin

MrsTerryPratchett Sat 18-Jul-15 17:52:44

Weeelllll... am I allowed to liberally swear at other drivers from the inside of my relatively sound-proof car? Because I'm not playing nice otherwise. <crosses arms>

farmerslife Sat 18-Jul-15 18:00:50

It a school run parking crash just make it juicer !

Everstrong Sat 18-Jul-15 18:22:02

If they are idiots then yes MrsTerryPratchett of course the definition of idiots can be as liberal as you like

School run parking you say farmer shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now