Talk

Advanced search

Does your DH/DP give you a massage?

(30 Posts)
TheHouseOnBellSt Thu 16-Jul-15 22:22:09

Mine doesn't. Hardly ever and I might be a bit of a hypocrite here because I'm not exactly falling over myself to offer him one either but I think it's because even if I did, it would be all take, take, take.

angry

I need more rubs! Dammit! No money for professional treatments.

CassieBearRawr Thu 16-Jul-15 22:23:24

Ask him?

cuntyMcCunterson Thu 16-Jul-15 22:26:04

Mine doesn't but that purely my choice. On the few occasions he has, it's torture! He's very heavy handed and it feels like he's nipping and pinching i've had more enjoyable sports massages
I now just bite the bullet and pay a professional

LadyPenny Thu 16-Jul-15 22:26:15

yes ask him, mine does loads and he's so good at it.

I never reciprocate blush I really should.

TheHouseOnBellSt Thu 16-Jul-15 22:27:12

Cassie I have but he's often reluctant or too tired. Yet he wants sex a lot! I'd be more interested in sex if I got more back rubs and yes I've told him that.

BornIn2000 Thu 16-Jul-15 22:27:41

Yes he does, we take it in turns. So he gets his fair share back.

mrsdavidbowie Thu 16-Jul-15 22:28:38

It's the only thing I miss about ex h.
DS has potential wink

jusdepamplemousse Thu 16-Jul-15 22:30:09

Yes all the time. It was a fairly major factor in my decision to marry him - not really (but yes really grin).

madmother1 Thu 16-Jul-15 22:32:15

Mrsdavidbowie my DS does great shoulder massages too!!

HedgehogAtHome Thu 16-Jul-15 22:33:46

I get them now I'm pregnant to ease my back, he does have arthritis in his hands so it's a very nice gesture on his part and I don't get them usually.

When I am rich I shall have a massage a week.

ahbollocks Thu 16-Jul-15 22:38:27

I can't imagine anything worse blush

trufflehunterthebadger Thu 16-Jul-15 22:50:58

Good god no ! DH's hands are like sandpaper and he rubs far too hard. I don't let him anywhere near me in a massaging way

AndThisIsTrue Thu 16-Jul-15 22:55:04

Yes DH rubs my calves as I get really bad restless legs . I have tried giving him a massage but he says I'm rubbish at it! Fair enough but luckily he still does it for me.

irretating Thu 16-Jul-15 22:56:14

Yes, he's pretty good like that.

irretating Thu 16-Jul-15 22:56:32

truffle, get some oil!

xalyssx Thu 16-Jul-15 22:58:50

He will if I ask him to, on the condition that I will reciprocate when he needs it.

LokiBear Thu 16-Jul-15 23:06:17

Mine does. Badly. I feel like I've been run over after.

Zillie77 Thu 16-Jul-15 23:07:36

House: why don't you institute a back rub for blowjob exchange program with your husband?

maras2 Thu 16-Jul-15 23:08:11

Yes,and has done for 47 years.I love massaging him too.No massage oils available back in the day but Aquamanda bath oil sufficed < for all needs massage related > wink

MarkRuffaloCrumble Thu 16-Jul-15 23:08:55

What do you do for him OP? It's not unreasonable for you to want a massage but do you offer him any sort of no-strings affection on a regular basis?

My DP loves a back tickle so whenever I have my hands free I stick them up his t shirt and give him a tickle. He's so grateful that he happily rubs my rough and cracked feet every night in return.

It's about give and take. Telling him to massage you in return for sex makes it seem like sex is just a favour for him rather than something you enjoy together. Try to find something non sexual that he would enjoy and try giving first so that he can reciprocate (making it clear that your massage is not a precursor to sex!)

Then hopefully once you're in the habit of being nice to each other sex will be a pleasure rather than something he wants and you withhold because you don't think he deserves it.

tumbletumble Thu 16-Jul-15 23:12:34

Mine doesn't. He hates receiving them too. I used to like them but we've been together so long I'd sort of forgotten until I read this!

Spintastic Thu 16-Jul-15 23:14:24

It wouldn't even enter my head to want to have a massage , let alone mention it to my husband

grovel Thu 16-Jul-15 23:26:48

I have got dodgy knees. My DH does fantastic massage on them and the surrounding areas. Unbelievably effective pain relief. He does not believe in pseudo-science but I swear he gets a vibe from the areas of pain and targets them gently/firmly as needed. I can feel heat from his hands hovering 3 inches above my skin.

Zillie77 Fri 17-Jul-15 02:01:28

When my husband and I get into bed one of the first things he does is roll over on his side and flip up his t-shirt, hoping for a back rub. I call it "assuming the position." He looks so cute doing it, I can never resist, so he gets a back rub almost every night. I love giving them, though-it really makes me feel happy to be doing it for him.

Zillie77 Fri 17-Jul-15 02:02:52

For the record, we also have plenty of sex, he just also loves back rubs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now