Talk

Advanced search

to not know where to sign as a passport countersignatory

(8 Posts)
ForNowIsTheTime Thu 16-Jul-15 19:34:27

I've been asked be a countersignatory for friend's DD's first adult passport application. I'm a professional type so all above board.

When the form was being completed online they asked me to check it over - looked dandy to me and then asked me to sign photo - easy peasy. Form got emailed off to the Passport office. Friend prineted off a declaration form which was to be posted off with the photos and old paasport (still with me?).

Now it seems i should have signed a form (what bloody form?). Friend and me have read the advice on the passport site over and over but are still not clear where the countersignatory is meant to sign. (This signature "on the form" is in addition to signing the back of one photo).

AIBU to think this is not at all clear?

PandasRock Thu 16-Jul-15 19:36:48

On the declaration form there is a box for the parent/guardian to sign as well as a box for the counter signatory to sign, isn't there?

There is on the hard copy Form you get from the post office, so inwod imagine there is one on the online print out version

totallybewildered Thu 16-Jul-15 19:37:24

it is very straight forward, but you do have to sit down and read through the instructions carefully, it isn't a job you can rush.

CalliopeTorres Thu 16-Jul-15 19:38:57

There were two parts to the declaration form, the top for your friend to sign to confirm the info she gave was correct and the bottom for you to fill out and sign with your details.

CurlsLDN Thu 16-Jul-15 19:39:51

I have just done mine and ds's, on the back of the long orange form the whole of the bottom half of the back page is for the countersignatory to fill in and sign. Not sure what you filled in online?

somemothersdohavethem Thu 16-Jul-15 22:17:43

Omg! I had a nightmare trying to get my passport signed! YANBU! It's on the back page of the orange form

Mehitabel6 Thu 16-Jul-15 22:21:56

It must be very difficult for some people because you can no longer to get a professional person to sign- it has to be a professional person who is a friend. There is a list of approved jobs- not easy for some.

MrsHerculePoirot Thu 16-Jul-15 22:26:36

When you complete your form online you are asked to print it off. There are VERY clear instructions for what needs to be signed tbh. Just print it off again and fill in the form too. I am a teacher and have done loads in the last few months. YABU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now