Talk

Advanced search

to eat Christmas pudding in July

(29 Posts)
Mindexplode Thu 16-Jul-15 18:58:28

we are hopefully moving house in a couple of months and are eating up everything in the cupboard

I found some mini Christmas puddings that are still in date but its July and quite warm here

am I unreasonable to eat them to use them up or would that be strange? if I find a jar of mincemeat should I make mince pies too?

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Thu 16-Jul-15 19:01:49

My Mother makes two at Christmas and one is kept till my Father's Birthday six months later.

Lion12 Thu 16-Jul-15 19:02:14

I'd eat it but then I love Xmas pud so any excuse for me.

chocolatechip123 Thu 16-Jul-15 19:03:10

Squidge them up and mix with vanilla icecream and refreeze, oh yum.

Dolallytats Thu 16-Jul-15 19:03:16

Well last week I used up the last of the homemade mincemeat. I made a pie and ate some with vanilla ice cream. It was delicious!!

Go for it!!

soloula Thu 16-Jul-15 19:05:33

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/christmas-pudding-ice-cream

Have made this before and it's lovely! Nothing stopping you going the whole hog heating the puds up and having them with some rum butter and cream though. Don't be put off just because it's July - I wouldn't be grin

DisappointedOne Thu 16-Jul-15 19:07:51

We buy extra specifically to have in July!

Mindexplode Thu 16-Jul-15 19:14:49

I've never made ice cream before, might be worth a go?

IsItMeOr Thu 16-Jul-15 19:20:33

Of course you should eat it up, if you like Christmas pud.

I donated our uneaten (still well in date) Christmas pud from last year to the food bank recently. I hope that it will have brought some pleasure to somebody in July!

mamaneedsamojito Thu 16-Jul-15 19:28:07

Noooo, YANBU... This should be encouraged in my opinion. Christmas pudding is delicious!

Asheth Thu 16-Jul-15 19:41:05

Yanbu. We once had Christmas Pudding on a very warm Easter Sunday. It tasted better probably due to eating it at the end of a normal sized Sunday lunch, rather than the huge Christmas dinner, when it always feels more like an endurance test!

cocobean2805 Thu 16-Jul-15 21:19:45

I found one in the cupboard last week, made Christmas pudding mini bon bon truffles (or something of that nature) its a nigella recipe. They're gorgeous with a nice coffee, only takes about twenty mins or so to do, I don't bother with the fiddly bits.

listsandbudgets Thu 16-Jul-15 21:31:10

YANBU in fact you've reminded me that I've got an uneaten one in the cupboard.

Hmm wonder if you can get brandy buuter at this time of year smile

Sunny67 Thu 16-Jul-15 21:36:18

You are only BU if you don't invite me round to share grin

Wideopenspace Thu 16-Jul-15 21:38:19

Christmas pudding is GROSS.

Ditto mincemeat, mince pies, brandy butter.

irretating Thu 16-Jul-15 21:39:33

YABU for making me want Christmas pudding.

TinyManticore Thu 16-Jul-15 21:41:35

This is precisely why you buy them after Xmas is over with - the supermarkets always massively over order them, so you buy about 12 at less than half price and keep them til you get an urge for Xmas pudding randomly in July.
Right? Not just me?

echt Thu 16-Jul-15 21:46:46

Come to Australia, where Christmas in July is a done thing. There are holly wreaths in the shops and mince pies, etc. right now. I've been to a number of parties with the tree, turkey, and games.

There's no exchange of presents, just a jolly meal.

It makes a nice focal point in a long stretch with no public holidays between the Queen's birthday at the start of June and the Melbourne Cup at the start of November.

I love the way most of the country grinds to halt for a horse race.grin

SaulGood Thu 16-Jul-15 21:50:19

YABU but don't worry, I'll eat them for you. I shall PM you my address.

When I'm Queen of the World, I'm going to sell Christmas pudding all year round.

BifsWif Thu 16-Jul-15 21:51:44

It is never unreasonable to eat Christmas pudding, regardless of the time of year.

Jealous.

CakeNinja Thu 16-Jul-15 21:54:22

Yabu, christmas pudding is disgusting. See also mince pies, christmas cake, brandy butter, fig rolls and Turkey.
These foods will all be banished when I'm in charge.

MiddleAgeMiddleEngland Thu 16-Jul-15 22:01:43

DH would eat Christmas pudding every day if he could.

DramaAlpaca Thu 16-Jul-15 22:03:52

I was just coming on to say exactly what MiddleAge said, word for word grin

Wideopenspace Thu 16-Jul-15 22:06:49

Oh thank god Cake. I thought I was the only voice of reason.

CakeNinja Thu 16-Jul-15 22:12:23

Wide, it's you and I against the world.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now