Talk

Advanced search

To raise this with school

(12 Posts)
Pleasepassthewine Thu 16-Jul-15 18:12:05

My DS is 10. We have just moved to a new area with DHs job. This has meant a new school for DS. DS has high functioning asd. He finds it very hard to make friends. Consequnetly at his previous school he had no friends and spent much of his time alone. School didn't care, they just werent interested. I spoke to them several times but they ignored me. He is also extremely anxious and his asd has in the pat made him a target for bullies.

So a fresh start for DS. He knows he has asd and has confided in some of his new classmates about his autism. Generally things seem to be much better at school and DS seems happier. Today however he told me a large group of his classmates gathered round him, told him he was cursed and that he would die at 10pm tonight.

DS, to his credit, ignored the, but it's bothering him. He's talked to me and obviously I've reassured him it's a load of rubbish. AIBU to tell school? Tomorrow is the last day and I don't want to be seen as a trouble maker sad

SunnySomer Thu 16-Jul-15 18:13:49

You absolutely must tell them. That is unacceptable bullying behaviour.

Gatehouse77 Thu 16-Jul-15 18:14:51

I would in a "I'm not sure if there's anything specific to be done but I felt you ought to be aware..." way

TheTroubleWithAngels Thu 16-Jul-15 18:16:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mrsruffallo Thu 16-Jul-15 18:17:11

There's a lot of this going around at the moment so I would mention it in a casual way as Gathehouse suggested

Sirzy Thu 16-Jul-15 18:18:48

Yes do mention it. End of term or not it's unacceptable

Wolfiefan Thu 16-Jul-15 18:19:21

No I agree with Sunny. I don't care if it is the last day or the first day. That's horrid. Poor boy. sad

Pico2 Thu 16-Jul-15 18:24:02

If you were a teacher and that happened to one of your class, would you want to know? I certainly would. Protecting your child and similar from that sort of behaviour doesn't make you a troublemaker.

mrsruffallo Thu 16-Jul-15 18:25:18

I doubt it's only been said to him, which may be comforting.

PtolemysNeedle Thu 16-Jul-15 18:26:39

Of course you should tell the school.

bigbumtheory Thu 16-Jul-15 20:13:13

You need to tell the school for them to investigate. It sounds very bullying. We did have something similar at school though, it wasn't bullying it was just mistaken by the parent not getting the full story from the child. It was some of the 'popular kids' using ouja boards, being really stupid and saying anyone in the same room could get 'got' by the ghosts. Everyone else ignored them but one girl got very upset.

The popular kids were shits and bullies with pack mentality but on this incidence they were just being dicks, not bullying anyone. Once the school got wind they could investigate, before that they didn't have a clue.

totallybewildered Thu 16-Jul-15 20:33:51

You need to talk to the school. Above all, your son needs to know this behaviour is wrong and will be followed up, whether it was a joke, a misunderstanding, or what ever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now