Re Ebay

(6 Posts)
Archer26 Thu 16-Jul-15 16:59:55

I bought an item off a private seller 13 days ago. The advert said postage was £8.99 and that it would be dispatched 2nd class within two working days. I did think the postage was high as item is light though awkward shape so accepted it may cost more.

I bought the item on a Friday and paid immediately so accepted that the weekend could mean it wouldn't be dispatched until the following week. By the following Friday I hadn't recieved anything so messaged the seller that morning to see if it had been dispatched. I recieved no reply so on the Sunday evening I messaged the seller again. I then revived a reply late Sunday night to say they had been away and the item would be dispatched Monday. There had been no mention of them being away in the advert. I didn't respond to the message although I was a bit annoyed about it.

Today is now Thursday and I still haven't recieved the item and only today have they marked it as dispatched. I have messaged them to ask when it was sent but no response.

Essentially my question is- wibu to request a reduction in postage? I am a regular eBay seller myself and appreciate it isn't always possible to get an exact postage cost but they have taken a very long time to send the item and communication has been poor.

Or do I leave honest feedback- neutral if item is ok but mention delay is dispatch/lack of communication. My only issue is this is I have built up 100% feedback over 500 items and I would hate for them to leave me bad feedback in retaliation.

Sorry it's long (and a bit boring!)

StarlingMurmuration Thu 16-Jul-15 17:10:29

I thought sellers couldn't leave negative feedback. Has that changed? It's ages since I was on ebay.

Archer26 Thu 16-Jul-15 17:19:21

Oh you're right! I never noticed that before! That solves that problem at least but I still feel £8.99 on postage is a lot to pay to take nearly two weeks to dispatch.

DisappointedOne Thu 16-Jul-15 17:22:39

Open an INR case.

Archer26 Thu 16-Jul-15 17:24:50

Sorry, what does INR mean?

FarFromAnyRoad Thu 16-Jul-15 17:27:10

It means 'Item Not Received'

And if you do receive the item and the postage is something ridiculous like £2 - well, I'd reflect that in my feedback to be honest. You probably should have queried it first but the slow dispatch would have my hackles up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now