Talk

Advanced search

to think This Years love(David Grey) sounds like the eighties hit Ti Amo

(12 Posts)
lilifer Thu 16-Jul-15 14:15:53

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqqGn59-3F8

Hope that link works

It sounds so like the David Grey hit. this has been bothering me for quite a while now. The Verve were sued by Rolling stones for less.

(I know i know i need to get out more!)

DoJo Thu 16-Jul-15 16:35:11

They don't sound massively similar to me, although I can see what you mean. However, just to be a bit geeky about it, the situation with the Rolling Stones and the Verve was completely different - the Verve sampled the Rolling Stones hit, used more of the song than they had obtained the licence for and then broke the agreement about how they used the sample.

lilifer Thu 16-Jul-15 17:06:11

Ah ok, I didn't know that, that's interesting and not geeky at all. But I do think these songs sound v alike though it did take me ages to figure out which song it was that it sounded like

TheHouseOnBellSt Thu 16-Jul-15 17:09:25

At the very, very start it does...but not anywhere else that I can hear.

TheHouseOnBellSt Thu 16-Jul-15 17:11:53

Actually no...it sounds like Say Hello Wave Goodbye! Not This Year's Love.

lilifer Thu 16-Jul-15 17:47:19

thehouse it does sound like say hello wave goodbye too actually!

either way, its not a very original sounding song, i could never get the david grey hype at all.

This thread is kind of a TAAT as i was on another thread today which was giving out about soulful singers like Damien Rice and David Grey, it made me laugh out loud!

chinam Thu 16-Jul-15 18:40:01

Adds Esme to my list of enemies for daring to diss the lovely David.

iklboo Thu 16-Jul-15 18:50:15

Say Hello Wave Goodbye was a cover of the Soft Cell song from1982

ahfuckit Thu 16-Jul-15 18:50:34

Sounds nothing like it to me. I love David Grey and that song sounds completely different to his [and fucking awful]

YokoUhOh Thu 16-Jul-15 18:52:52

ikiboo has it ^ Marc Almond and Dave Ball wrote Say Hello Wave Goodbye, not David Gray who is talentless

DoJo Thu 16-Jul-15 20:05:21

Now try listening to 'I hate everything about you' by Ugly Kid Joe alongside 'Baby Come Back' by UB40 and Pato Banton.

lilifer Thu 16-Jul-15 22:15:24

Apologies to all David Grey fans - i just cant bear him, its probably not helped by my dh playing his album like every fucking day for around 6 months, by the end of that time even he hated DG too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now