Talk

Advanced search

Prince wills in his helicopter.

(15 Posts)
Thundercrackers Wed 15-Jul-15 20:09:36

Now then, I know it's my own fault for looking at the daily mail but please bear with me because I am a exhausted preggers primary teacher and my brain is no longer capable of reading proper things.my beef is with William and his new job.the article has homed in on some grainy pap shots of a flying doctor in her kit who happens to have brown hair. They've got themselves all in a flap by calling her a kate clone and have since published another article detailing her university career, her marriage and loads of pics from her Facebook. Aibu or is this just a massive invasion of privacy for no reason of public interest at all??!?poor woman, I'd be mortified.

CuttedUpPear Wed 15-Jul-15 20:11:37

Yes, before you know it people will be starting threads on mumsnet about it.

Sirzy Wed 15-Jul-15 20:12:00

I think it seems the daily mail don't live in the 21st century so find the idea of women working newsworthy!

Thundercrackers Wed 15-Jul-15 20:17:29

Yes it's exactly that type of cringy 'oh look a woman doing an interesting job, what a novelty but she should be at home scrubbing behind the freezer' tone that got my back up too. If she'd been a man who looked like prince Harry they wouldn't have given a shit.

PoppyFleur Wed 15-Jul-15 20:24:31

grin at cutted

Thundercrackers Wed 15-Jul-15 20:27:34

Yes Cutted has a good point- as I said, my brain is minced! The daily mail does make my blood boil though!

bolleauxnouveau Wed 15-Jul-15 20:38:40

The Daily Mail is designed to make your blood boil. I once heard that the way to confuse a DM reader was to tell them that asylum seekers are the natural predators of paedophiles. You could substitute benefits claimants for asylum seekers and it would still work. I think it was a broadsheet once.

bolleauxnouveau Wed 15-Jul-15 20:42:50

Incidentally I saw the bit about Dr Mullen and I thought she looked like a great role model.

Thundercrackers Wed 15-Jul-15 21:36:19

I think she looks fab too! Grr I hate the dm!

Thundercrackers Wed 15-Jul-15 21:38:22

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/

This link is also classic!

Sleepsoftly Wed 15-Jul-15 22:38:40

I am worried by how many people buy the Daily Mail.
All those people that cannot think for themselves...... worrying.

PotatoesPastaAndBread Wed 15-Jul-15 22:47:14

This one's my favourite, an oldie but a goodie
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

bolleauxnouveau Wed 15-Jul-15 22:49:15

It would be a rare person whose thoughts were completely uninfluenced by external media .

Sleepsoftly Wed 15-Jul-15 23:07:41

Its not his helicopter anyway. He works for the air ambulance, under a contract. A contract of service.

bolleauxnouveau Wed 15-Jul-15 23:21:19

Dr Mullen has had a small taste of media interest because she's an attractive woman who's going to work with a male royal, you'd have to be a special kind of masochist to choose to live like that all the time.

Let's have a republic and release the royals back into the wild, it's the kindest thing to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now