Talk

Advanced search

to ask MNers to make my holiday decision for me.

(9 Posts)
OTheHugeManatee Wed 15-Jul-15 16:13:51

In the process of booking a last-minute break for DH and myself. Would you rather have:

1) Big suite with living area, swishy looking bathroom, huge balcony, no direct pool access and slightly greater risk of street noise, or

2) Self-contained cottage with separate kitchen/living room/bedroom, that's smaller overall with shower over bath (I like a separate shower) but poolside patio and no street noise.

?????

There is a slight price difference but not enough to swing it. Help me decide, MN! I am useless at booking holidays and usually make DH do it, but he's busy and I'm not and the responsibility is too much, argh blush

FarFromAnyRoad Wed 15-Jul-15 16:15:32

2) Every time. The proximity to the pool seals it and street noise is a bastard - it really is!

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 15-Jul-15 16:17:02

Definitely 2.

derektheladyhamster Wed 15-Jul-15 16:17:11

2! Love a poolside patio.

OTheHugeManatee Wed 15-Jul-15 16:17:55

I'm leaning in that direction too. DH also has supersonic hearing and is guaranteed to moan if there is traffic noise, which won't be relaxing hmm

I just don't like showering over the bath. I'm being unreasonably picky here, aren't I? hmm

FarFromAnyRoad Wed 15-Jul-15 16:33:13

If the only issue is the shower then yes, YAB a bit U. The other factors rub the shower out I'm afraid - or would for me anyway. And if DH has sensitive hearing then you're never going to have a good time. I can almost promise you this - we had a street side hotel recently with terrible noise and I bitched A LOT!

OTheHugeManatee Wed 15-Jul-15 16:34:38

<chastened>

OK, cottage it is grin

PanGalaticGargleBlaster Wed 15-Jul-15 16:36:05

The one not in Mogadishu

OTheHugeManatee Wed 15-Jul-15 16:47:57

<googles holiday cottages in Mogadishu>

No, right you are. I'll stick with the booking I have [wunk]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now