Talk

Advanced search

to find it annoying when someone has been an arse to you on a thread...

(29 Posts)
Nurserywindow Wed 15-Jul-15 12:52:37

and you decide they're just a nasty person not worth bothering about, and then on another thread you start getting on famously with them and love their sense of humour and start wondering if they had good reason to be an arse before.

Nurserywindow Wed 15-Jul-15 12:53:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Nurserywindow Wed 15-Jul-15 12:54:49

Sorry, reported the duplicate post.

FreckledHen Wed 15-Jul-15 12:56:23

Or you get on famously with someone and then you name change to post something private and they come alone and whoop your behind. I've had that before.

RachelRagged Wed 15-Jul-15 12:57:23

Hmmm , I should answer. We did not see eye to eye on a thread but here I am replying .. and yes agreeing.

YANBU

redshoeblueshoe Wed 15-Jul-15 13:14:38

surely that is just the same as real life - people agree on some things and not on others

ollieplimsoles Wed 15-Jul-15 13:18:09

I think its the same in real life too, I had a friend who is so annoying on facebook and regularly has arguments over her political views on their, however in real life she is so laid back and easy to talk to, almost like the arguments never happened... confused

Nurserywindow Wed 15-Jul-15 13:22:24

I wasn't really talking about disagreeing about something. I mean where someone has been quite nasty and unpleasant towards you, and then you find yourself really clicking with them on another thread.

Mrsjayy Wed 15-Jul-15 13:26:20

Its the nature of the beast really if somebody things you are being arsey at that time then its better than them not bothering about what ypu said as long as they are not downright nasty then its fine.

RonaldMcDonald Wed 15-Jul-15 13:42:09

I think it is like friendship
you agree 100% with your friends on some things and sometimes 0% on others, as long as you respect each other's right to do so that is fine.
your friends, however, are usually aware of a great deal of your history and know when to tread carefully or back away tactfully

I think sometimes we post about things that are still painful for ourselves on some level and then someone rubbishes or dismisses our experience or views and it hurts and makes us immediately massively defensive and angry - then - let the rage begin

I find that I usually take it worst when I am accused of being a man or a predator simply because I have Ronald in my name...seemingly no-one is aware of of the McDonald's clown anymore

CallMeExhausted Wed 15-Jul-15 13:53:20

I don't know. I am an awful ass all the time, just so that no one has to be confused about me grin

IKnowIAmButWhatAreYou Wed 15-Jul-15 14:06:49

We all agree & disagree about different things, happens to me in real life all the time.

It's why I can't understand posters who say stuff like "I could never marry a xxx" - very narrow minded. Most of us would agree on something somewhere along the line & if you agree with someone it can make it easier to get along with them...

RachelRagged Wed 15-Jul-15 14:55:33

Ah Yes, , I get what you mean NurseryWindow.

Like in real life as others have said .

Ollieplimsols . lol I know somebody a bit like that as well ,, Sets up rallying calls to action be that political, animal, child, rants away . In reality ? Meek like a mouse.

Sparklingbrook Wed 15-Jul-15 14:58:03

No, you are all getting it all wrong. You have to say that you never notice user names and just reply to the post not the poster. wink

Kewcumber Wed 15-Jul-15 15:00:36

Ah you need to be a little more elderly.

I can never remember who the heck agreed with me and who was mean (unless they do either repeatedly).

As a result I'm getting a lot more mellow in my old age.

Kewcumber Wed 15-Jul-15 15:01:00

In fact just what Sparkling suggested only not on purpose!

Sparklingbrook Wed 15-Jul-15 15:03:39

I can occasionally remember that I didn't agree with someone, or they get arsey with me but not what about. <useless>

Twinkie1 Wed 15-Jul-15 15:06:05

I think it's best not to get so heavily invested on here that you care too much about what people say or hold a grudge.

So I just move on.

OneFlewOverTheDodosNest Wed 15-Jul-15 15:09:21

I find it most annoying when you see the same poster repeatedly being obtuse arsey awkward controversial on posts. I find it very difficult not to say something but that'd be a bit off.

Sparklingbrook Wed 15-Jul-15 15:11:56

Some subjects attract posters and you know exactly what they are going to say as soon as you see their name.

I am stupidly attracted to cat poo in the garden threads and BF not being the be all and end all threads. I really really should hide them.

Pagwatch Wed 15-Jul-15 15:12:40

I rarely remember. I'm just old.

OneFlewOverTheDodosNest Wed 15-Jul-15 15:15:06

I remember you Pagwatch - but not in a bad way grin

Pagwatch Wed 15-Jul-15 15:17:53

<peers quizzically >

grin

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 15-Jul-15 15:18:33

Does everyone also think they are the subject of the title in these types of threads <paranoia>

I'm very well mannered in rl, and I try not to say anything on MN that I wouldnt say in RL (I imagine being outed and how I would feel) but can be a bit controversial sometimes.

I like it when someone who's username puts me on edge because of somethjng they've written previously, then says something I totally agree with. Makes me less fearful of them grin

bumbleymummy Wed 15-Jul-15 15:26:11

I do this and I think most people on MN do. Some don't though and can be really nasty and carry venom from thread to thread and talk about you on threads you're not even on. That's pretty horrible. I think people who do that need to take a good hard look at themselves. They wouldn't like it if they were on the other end of it or if someone was treating them like that in RL.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now