Talk

Advanced search

11th birthday party

(10 Posts)
samz112 Tue 14-Jul-15 14:44:04

My daughter will be 11 in November and we are planning her birthday party. She wants a laser tag party but the only venue close to us and friends which is 10 mins drive only offers a laser tag party at 7-9pm on a Saturday, is it just me but I think that's a bit late to start a child party? My mum's recent 60th party starter at 7pm! I'm not sure if children outside of the family and apart from my friends two girls will attend at the time. The other option is to have a regular play party at the same venue the time slots available for the required day are 1-3pm and 4-6pm which seems more reasonable to me.

What do you think? She really wants a laser tag party and as she's at school right now I haven't been able to tell her the venue time (I only just called them). I did tell her she could have a party at my mums house or in a rented hall with a bouncey castle but to be honest it would be great to have it at a venue where they do all the work lol

Leeds2 Tue 14-Jul-15 14:45:57

I think quite a lot of Year 6 parties do the 7 - 9pm slot. I would've been happy with it for an 11 year old's party on a Saturday evening.

irregularegular Tue 14-Jul-15 14:46:43

I think it's absolutely fine for 11 yr olds on a Saturday, especially as it is not too far away.

Scouts and Guides (which start from age 10/11) runs 7.30 - 9.00pm here on a week day.

TwinTum Tue 14-Jul-15 14:55:01

I think time is fine.
Not sure about regular play party (I assume you mean soft play?) or bouncy castle party for y6. Although they would no doubt enjoy it in reality, I suspect some of the children will be a bit sniffy about it and think it is "babyish".
Parties my DDs attended in y6 included: trampolining, cinema, ice-skating, bowling, movie-night/sleepover, pizza making.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Tue 14-Jul-15 14:59:13

11 year olds on . Sat night is fine. Flicks dont start til 7 onwards.

samz112 Tue 14-Jul-15 15:05:59

Phew. Ok that's good to know it's fine. Yes the soft play would be considered a bit babylish for her age (she had her 2nd birthday party at the same venue). So I guess she can have her laser tag party then, hope the adults can join in. The age group of children attending will be 7-12 years old and three 2 years old but I've been assured by the venue we can have a soft play area setup for the toddlers at £6.95 per toddler which is good. A bonus of the 7-9pm laser tag party is that we have the entire venue to ourselves due to safely reasons with the laser guns. I'm actually really looking forward to it. The next laser tag party venue is a 30 min drive and doesn't offer as great a package.

Thanks k you all smile

crazykat Tue 14-Jul-15 18:03:05

At that age 7-9pm is perfect for a party for an 11 year old, especially as it's a Saturday so no school the next day.

Tbh I'd probably let my 7 year old go to a party at that time on a Saturday if it was something like laser tag.

crazykat Tue 14-Jul-15 18:05:15

Laser tag is brilliant even for adults, we went for a friend's 30th earlier this year and it was great, even better if you have the venue to yourself as you can choose your own teams.

TheHouseOnBellSt Tue 14-Jul-15 18:11:06

I have an 11 year old and that would be absolutely fine.

pilates Tue 14-Jul-15 18:25:42

Yes fine and probably more exciting being later.

It's not a school night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now