Talk

Advanced search

To think you don't smoke in Wembley Stadium?

(11 Posts)
RattleAndRoll Tue 14-Jul-15 12:01:58

Went to see Ed Sheeran at the weekend. Tickets were standing. In the front quarter of standing area so literally packed in like sardines, couldn't move. Yet somehow a guy manages to roll cigarettes and smoke throughout the entire 2hour+ gig.
I wasn't brave enough to ask if he'd mind not smoking, seeing as it wasn't allowed anyway. So I know IABU in that. But I just mean, like, really? So inconsiderate.

MrsSkywalker205 Tue 14-Jul-15 12:13:32

YANBU! We also went this weekend, though were seated. During the gig was ok but queuing for the tube after was horrendous, I came home stinking of smoke! People are just selfish.

RachelRagged Tue 14-Jul-15 15:10:03

As a smoker I agree,, YANBU the bloke was a selfish twat

RachelRagged Tue 14-Jul-15 15:10:45

AND the type that gives us all bad names. I don't even light up if in a queue or anywhere of the kind

firesidechat Tue 14-Jul-15 16:54:58

At the last concert we went to we hasd to deal with 3 inconsiderate people. The couple in front of decided to stand up in the top tier at the O2 arena and it feels a bit scary if you stand up there. They were the only people standing and if they stood it would have created a domino effect. We would have had to stand and the people behind us and so on.

The guy behind me decided he was bored about 2/3 of the way through and slumped in his seat with his foot on my shoulder. No amount of shoving seemed to get through to the attention seeking twit and he only moved when his companion made him. Idiot!

Sometimes I don't get others at all.

firesidechat Tue 14-Jul-15 16:56:48

I should probably add that I'm getting older and have no hesitation in challenging bad behaviour.

JustinsBrother Tue 14-Jul-15 17:07:42

I agree about the smoking, but I was the bitch who stood up at the O2 watching a Take That concert. I know! Standing up at a take that concert! How completely unreasonable of me.

maddy68 Tue 14-Jul-15 18:39:25

I'm not a smoker. However. You can no go outside and be re admitted do I don't blame smokers. It's also outdoors so yes unpleasant for non smokers but understandable
I had more of an issue with the obvious cocaine snorting that everyone seemed to be openly engaged in

funkybuddah Tue 14-Jul-15 18:46:16

Re the standing in seats , that would be me . I only sit if I'm with dc1 (next year he can go in the pit with me) or failed to get standing, I can't sit with the gigs I go to. Have to stand and dance and jump etc.

For the smoking , he's a git .

firesidechat Tue 14-Jul-15 19:08:18

Well that's nice funky, but you would be blocking my view.

If people want to stand they can pay for a seat that makes it ok to do that.

firesidechat Tue 14-Jul-15 19:10:36

In the whole of the upper section in hundreds, maybe thousands of seats there were only a handful standing, so maybe they thought it was a bit thoughtless too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now