Talk

Advanced search

To wish all of the ants attacking my house would just stop?

(11 Posts)
NickAngel Tue 14-Jul-15 11:25:00

While I appreciate we are all God's creatures etc I am getting the Rage about the ants currently climbing my walls trying to breach the mortar and launch themselves into my home. Any powder did not work, I think they are Super Ants and on a mission. What purpose do they serve? What eats ants? Do I need to borrow the anteater from the local wildlife park? Do you think they offer a lending service?
How can I rid myself of these infernal creatures?

INeverFinishAnythi Tue 14-Jul-15 11:34:24

Cinnamon works well, and is pet friendly. Make a thick line of it along the bottom of the wall and they usually won't cross it. Good luck, I hate ants angry

Eternalsunshines Tue 14-Jul-15 11:41:28

Baby powder and plenty of it.
Also boiling water every now and then (not at the same time as the powder)

AgnesGrey Tue 14-Jul-15 11:46:54

You need these - they worked for us

www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/ant-stop-bait-station---2-traps-333772

knittingdad Tue 14-Jul-15 12:15:06

Ants found a point of entry into our living room once. As INeverFin says Cinnamon works really well, and fortunately also smells nice.

Wouldn't worry too much about them on the outside of the house.

JaneAustinAllegro Tue 14-Jul-15 12:16:40

I called a pest company about ours yesterday; apparently the nest can be 2m below ground which is why boiling water does nothing but leave you with a trail of ant corpses on the floor the following day.
I shall try the cinnamon tonight; thank you.
(the pest company wanted £179 to get rid of them!)

missmoon Tue 14-Jul-15 12:20:32

We have this every year, I called a pest control man who put some of these down: Ant Bait Station They worked really well, and now I buy a supply every year and do it myself. They are pet and children safe as not poison. You just need to leave them alone and resist temptation to kill all the ants when they are swarming the stations smile . They eventually eat it and take it back to their nest, where it destroys the eggs and the queen.

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Tue 14-Jul-15 12:42:38

ditto the bait station (available at your local hardware store wink ). We used to have a really big problem with ants every year but these have totally solved it.

5Foot5 Tue 14-Jul-15 12:58:04

Another recommendation for the bait station. I wouldn't waste my time with home-brew traditional remedies like cinnamon or whatever. These bait things work!!

Babiecakes11 Tue 14-Jul-15 13:37:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NickAngel Tue 14-Jul-15 13:52:59

Thanks, just popped out and got a Bait Station. Put it down, waiting for the little sods to eat the gunk....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now