Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think the Daily Mail (organ of Satan) is a bit vile

(49 Posts)
nigelslaterfan Tue 14-Jul-15 11:18:40

to put this Kate-a-like doc on the cover who will be working with Wills?

I mean I am a Republican and a DM hater, I shouldn't have looked, call it self-harm, but what a weird publication. One minute celebrating Kate at the baby's Christening and her bounced back figure blah blah blah Ra Ra Ra.
And then they put this copterdoc on the cover saying coooeeee look who your husband is going to be working with COOOEEEEE.
I have to stop looking at that website, no one to blame but myself.

CainInThePunting Tue 14-Jul-15 11:23:53

Totally agree with you.
The whole thing is a nasty piece of work.

returningtotheuksoon Tue 14-Jul-15 11:26:09

Meh that story is pretty tamless IMO. There is a reason why that website is killing all other newspaper sites

FunnyCatVideo Tue 14-Jul-15 11:27:17

YANBU - a vile, hateful rag.

WorraLiberty Tue 14-Jul-15 11:28:15

Ahh someone else who claims to 'hate' the Daily Mail while helping to fund it grin

Seriously, why can't people just admit they love it?

ghostyslovesheep Tue 14-Jul-15 11:28:17

There is a reason why that website is killing all other newspaper sites

yup - same reason Jeremy Kyle is popular and Celeb Culture is so popular - general dumming down of life

WorktoLive Tue 14-Jul-15 11:29:30

YABU. It's a lot vile, not just a bit. But I would be more worried about the more evil aspects of their agenda than trying to disrupt the Cambridge's marriage.

paulapompom Tue 14-Jul-15 11:35:43

It's IS the spawn of Satan, and a lot vile, and massively hypocritical. I used to visit the website out of habit, but got myself out of it but visiting daily star instead - much better confusedblush

Egosumquisum Tue 14-Jul-15 11:41:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ReallyTired Tue 14-Jul-15 11:41:48

It is vile, but while people are prepared to look at their website the daily mail will produce more gob shite.

I have more issue with the Daily Mail constantly publishing the gory details of ISIS attrocities. The Daily Mail encourages ISIS to commit more and more sicking acts as the shock value of beheading hostages or burning alive airmen is no longer there. The oxygen of publicty encourages ISIS to commit further and more sickening attrocities.

It is accepted that paedophile who looks at pictures of child abuse is indirectly responsible for the act. Looking at ISIS images of innocent people being murdered is indirectly taking part in the murder.

fuckthetaps Tue 14-Jul-15 11:43:20

I like it, it's funny as fuck

FindoGask Tue 14-Jul-15 11:44:33

That is really the very least of their crimes.

The whole premise of this thread is a bit of a foregone conclusion - you accept that the DM is the "organ of satan" but are you being unreasonable to think it's "a bit vile"? Well, let me think. Um, no?

DragonWithAGirlTattoo Tue 14-Jul-15 11:46:52

wow another I hate the DM thread

hmm

Pantone363 Tue 14-Jul-15 11:47:03

Their coverage of another ISIS atrocity yesterday was beyond belief. They are the lowest of the scummiest low. Weird little fuckers who get off on reporting the grisliest details they can.

returningtotheuksoon Tue 14-Jul-15 11:48:24

Its almost a weekly post, someone is MN outraged at the daily mail and posts to promote it. Probably someone from the mail.

Yawn.

Egosumquisum Tue 14-Jul-15 11:51:39

Egosumquisum Tue 14-Jul-15 11:54:27

swimmerforlife Tue 14-Jul-15 11:55:33

I love the mail, it's my guilty pleasure.

At least I can admit it unlike most people who claim to love it.

Egosumquisum Tue 14-Jul-15 11:59:03

nigelslaterfan Tue 14-Jul-15 12:01:45

I am going to try to stop reading it. It's the lowest common denominator of our culture.

David Cameron's soul looks like Daily Mail,
Craven, Brutal, empty, vicious, amoral, misogynistic and destructive.

I have to stop reading it, you are right. It is morally diseased

scatteroflight Tue 14-Jul-15 12:04:29

I think people hate the DM for two reasons.

The first is, as the OP says, titillating articles about celebrities. It's hard to defend this really and I won't try.

However the 2nd reason is that the DM tells painful truths about the reality of our modern world and does not indulge in the fantasies that make living in it bearable. Fantasies like...

- "The NHS is the envy of the world"
- "Diversity and immigration are brilliant"
- "Education is improving all the time"
- "Society is so much better now we have abandoned our old stuffy values"
- "Islam is a Religion of Peace"
- "The EU is a progressive and holy project that keeps us all safe"
- "The housing crisis is solely caused by a lack of houses and not in any way an massive excess of population"

Because the DM daily prints evidence to cause these cuddly fantasies to fall apart people find reading it a profoundly uncomfortable experience.

And that is the source of the vitriol against it.

fuckthetaps Tue 14-Jul-15 12:04:58

Mumsnet - daily mail = man utd - Liverpool they love to hate eachother

AuntyMag10 Tue 14-Jul-15 12:08:10

It's funny how all the posters who come on here hating the DM and posting links are actually readers themselves. hmm

WorraLiberty Tue 14-Jul-15 12:13:07

You don't have to stop reading it OP

You obviously enjoy it and it's up to you what paper you choose.

I don't get the Daily Mail denial on this forum sometimes.

OurDearLeader Tue 14-Jul-15 12:16:15

'Dumming down'. Ahem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now