Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

aibu about charity bags...

(6 Posts)
enterthedragon Tue 14-Jul-15 09:09:58

being pushed through the letterbox at 6.30am, i got woken up by a noise at the front door then heard the letterbox bang, i assumed that it was an elderly neighbour knocking on the door to ask for help (i do help them out quite a lot and i'm a named driver on their motability insurance policy in case of emergencies), got downstairs and opened the front door only to find a charity bag on the mat in the porch.

is 6.30am an unreasonable time to be posting stuff through letterboxes?

off to work now so i will not be able to check back until later.

Hygellig Tue 14-Jul-15 09:29:10

Yes, I think that's a bit early if the noise of the letterbox is going to wake you up.

DadfromUncle Tue 14-Jul-15 09:32:43

YANBU I get a lot of these. One in particular I was suspicious of so I emailed and tweeted the charity and charity commission to try and check them out - none of them replied.

Even when not delivered at an ungodly hour I now use any and all of these as bin liners, much like I refuse to give money to any charity that I see using chuggers.

Bunbaker Tue 14-Jul-15 09:41:07

On a weekday, no, because we are up by then anyway.

I think, if you are going to deliver something like this, at this time of the day, you should push it part way through the letter box, so it doesn't make a noise - that's what my paper boy does.

Sadly ddog2 sees it as her bounden duty to scare off all the evil doers who approach our house (or even walk up their own drives, near to our house) so goes off like the hound of the Baskervilles, whenever anything comes through our door. Sigh.

PS - have tried to train her out of it (neurotic, rescue dog) but with absolutely zero success.

corgiology Tue 14-Jul-15 18:54:33

On a separate issue I love charity bags through the door!

I never buy bin bags anymore grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now