Talk

Advanced search

To think a thank you would be nice?

(12 Posts)
Unappreciated Mon 13-Jul-15 20:41:39

I have name changed for this, as it could out me!

I am chair of our PTA, and our head teacher wasn't around at our summer fayre on Friday, ok but an email to send her apologies/wish us luck would have been nice, but anyway!

I emailed her on Friday to let her know how we did, and to tell her I was stepping down as chair at our AGM, but would still like to be involved. (I kind of got talked into doing it, and I've spent a lot of my own time in and out of school preparing for events) I also volunteer in school.

I don't mind doing it, and don't do it for reward, I do it because my children go there, and ultimately the money raised benefits the children.

However the head teacher hasn't replied, and she walked past me and other parents in the corridor today after school (a meet the teacher type thing) and didn't even say hello!

AIBU to think an acknowledgement would have been nice. We've worked really hard to put on nice events, and raise money for school, and she doesn't even have the courtesy to say hello, or thank you.

Like I say, I don't want a big song and dance, but a small acknowledgement would be nice.

She isn't a people person! She hasn't got many fans, probably not helped by the fact the last head had charisma and came to events and supported the PTA.

Rant over sorry grin

Spartans Mon 13-Jul-15 20:52:09

Yanbu. And I am now wondering if this is dds school. Head teacher sounds the same and the non attendance is the same. Including a charismatic previous ht.

If it is the same one, I am not shocked

Unappreciated Mon 13-Jul-15 20:56:27

I hope it is the same one, as otherwise it means there is 2 of them out there!

Is your school in Yorkshire by any chance?

Spartans Mon 13-Jul-15 20:58:11

Yep!!! Oh god!! I bet it is!

Unappreciated Mon 13-Jul-15 20:59:17

Umm in a town beginning with H, in West Yorkshire?

CamelHump Mon 13-Jul-15 21:00:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Spartans Mon 13-Jul-15 21:00:27

No, it's a city beginning with W but in West Yorkshire!

How are there two of them so close!!! grin

Spartans Mon 13-Jul-15 21:03:44

camel has a point. However our head isn't so accomdating of busy parents at this time of year. With the all day events for a full day every week for the last three weeks of term. Or with the endless request for donations for the stalls, hampers, raffles, sponsored events.

I have spent £120 on stuff for our school in the last two weeks. And she still addede if I could get any more stuff for the stalls

Dancingqueen17 Mon 13-Jul-15 21:04:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Unappreciated Mon 13-Jul-15 21:11:43

I know this is a very busy time, but I have worked very hard this last year, how long does it take to type thank you, she has never thanked me once.

I don't step down until the AGM at the beginning of the next school year, but this was my last event as chair.

A thank you assembly certainly isn't on the cards, it's not her style. It would be a lovely idea, but not happening.

Unappreciated Mon 13-Jul-15 21:12:45

And I am kind of relieved Spartans as that would have been a freaky coincidence!

Spartans Mon 13-Jul-15 21:14:31

Yes it would! Would have been funny though.

Our head doesn't do flowers for PTA or anything like that. The old HT didn't either

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now