Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask what you would expect to pay for a deep clean on your home?

(45 Posts)
Spintastic Mon 13-Jul-15 20:06:45

I'm in the process of setting up my own cleaning business and I've been asked to quote for a deep clean on a small ish three bed house.

I've not seen the house yet so no idea of the state of it but assuming it's in an average state of cleanliness and order, how much would you expect to pay for a one off deep clean and I'll see if it chimes with the figure I have in mind or if it's wildly different?

And by 'deep cleaning,' I mean skirting boards, a proper and thorough damp dust and polish, all mirrors/ inside windows cleaned, hoovering whole house including moving furniture where it's moveable, all cobwebs removing, deep cleaning bathroom/ kitchen to include the inside of the fridge , that kind of thing .. But not the oven.

littlejohnnydory Mon 13-Jul-15 20:10:56

We paid £200 including the oven when we moved out of a rented 3 bedroom property. All carpets were shampooed but there was no furniture to move as we had moved out.

Spintastic Mon 13-Jul-15 20:33:31

Thank you!

Any more? I know it's dull

Optimist1 Mon 13-Jul-15 20:36:39

I got a quote for just this a couple of weeks ago. 2-bedroomed maisonette, surface-cleaned regularly. No carpet cleaning. £285!!! I emailed the chap back to say it was considerably outside my budget and he reverted with an offer of £190. Even though that was closer to the figure I had in mind the halving of the price just left a nasty taste.

42andcounting Mon 13-Jul-15 20:38:10

My DP paid £140 for a moving out clean of his 1 bedroom works flat recently, that included shampooing carpets, and was in a city (not London). Not sure if that helps you or not! confused

alicemalice Mon 13-Jul-15 20:39:39

Hmm, sure I paid about £80 for a 4 bed house, last year.

ohtheholidays Mon 13-Jul-15 20:41:46

If it included the oven I'd be happy to pay up to £300 were in the SE,Berkshire.

Alibabsandthe40Musketeers Mon 13-Jul-15 20:43:24

Optimist - he didn't halve it?

OP - my cleaner does 3 hours each week, in order to do all the furniture moving and windows and the inside of the fridge in one visit I think she would need 5/6 hours.

Carpets washed would add another couple of hours I would guess.

applesareredandgreen Mon 13-Jul-15 20:43:50

I'm interested to see what price you come up with as I would love to have this done with my own house! I'd imagined it to cost about £100 but may be way off the mark and totally unrealistic. That's probably the max I could afford to pay.

MajesticWhine Mon 13-Jul-15 20:48:33

When I saw the thread title, I was thinking £300, but was thinking to include shampooing the carpets.

PennilynLott Mon 13-Jul-15 20:50:02

Need to get this done next week (London) so interested to see what people say.

MrsPeeee Mon 13-Jul-15 20:51:27

Before we got a regular cleaner we had a deep clean. It was £15 an hour and took 12 hours (between two ladies) so was £180.

flumperoo Mon 13-Jul-15 20:53:47

I've just had an end of tenancy deep clean including oven and carpet cleaning. £150 for a 2 bed house.

contractor6 Mon 13-Jul-15 20:56:58

With a deep clean you may need to say what is included and excluded. I am currently on mat leave and deep cleaning, but included things like what inside window frames (which takes forever) washing voiles and curtains, vacuuming mattresses, cleaning out linen closet. And the list goes on and on....

BallsforEarrings Mon 13-Jul-15 21:02:29

Average 3 bedroom deep clean around £150 upwards depending on dirt levels and how many have lived in it etc.

This obviously does not include oven or carpets (we are domestic only) i understand oven cleaning to cost between £50 and £100 and carpet cleaning around £120 -£200 for a whole house depending on the company.

nottheOP Mon 13-Jul-15 21:03:21

Apart from the fridge and hoovering behind move able furniture everything else sounds standard, so i reckon it would take 4/5 hours. Do you include products and tools?

Writerwannabe83 Mon 13-Jul-15 21:06:16

I have a three storey house.

Kitchen, downstairs toilet, a sitting room, a lounge, two double bedrooms (one with an ensuite), a third good sized bedroom and a large bathroom.

I recently had a deep clean where two women came round for three hours ( so a 6 hour stint if it had just been one cleaner) and they charged me £70.

What they did was to a good standard but the three hours wasn't enough and they didn't have time to clean one of the double bedrooms and our main bathroom.

For £70 though I was very happy with what they did do.

Good luck in your new venture flowers

UpUpAndAway123 Mon 13-Jul-15 21:07:39

I got a quote of £15 per hour and she stated she would get her available cleaners to do it together. Routine is £13.50 per hour. I'm in NW x

GotToFTFO Mon 13-Jul-15 21:11:11

I basically just guess how long it will take add 1-2hr and charge £15ph.
Reason I ad an hour or two is because it's easy to underestimate how long a job is and I define tell recommend you view the place and get a feel for what the client wants and what you want to offer.

SaltySeaBird Mon 13-Jul-15 21:12:21

Maybe an hour per room plus an hour for stairs/hallway. I know my friend has a cleaner who charges £10 an hour so maybe £100 including materials?

notquitehuman Mon 13-Jul-15 21:14:25

Hmm, I'm planning to get a deep clean done of our current house - 3 bed - after we've moved out so that we can get deposit back. Was hoping to get it done for 200 including oven, fridge, and s basic carpet clean. So I guess that's what I'd consider a reasonable rate!

GotToFTFO Mon 13-Jul-15 21:17:15

You will learn more with experience.
I've only ever done one move out clean and that was enough.

A 1 bed upper villa took me 4-5hrs but that was mostly to do with the level of cleaning that was needed.
e g a 1 bed flat that's been well kept might have only took 2-3hrs as apposed to the 4-5hrs for a poorly kept flat.

Go and see the property if you can and even if you guestimate the hours set the price.

UterusUterusGhali Mon 13-Jul-15 21:22:05

I'm in the south.
I'd pay £150-£200 for a full on blitz, but my house is incredibly cobwebby and pretty neglected.

bumbleymummy Mon 13-Jul-15 21:27:38

I was thinking around £200/250.

GinandJag Mon 13-Jul-15 21:30:41

I was watching Phil Spencer - Secret Agent today and they had a 6 person deep cleaning team for £300-something.

I don't think you hire deep cleaners for average dirt levels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now