Talk

Advanced search

To have some quite intense negative feelings about the new Furby Boom

(10 Posts)
Haggswood Mon 13-Jul-15 06:26:35

which woke me up at 5:40am from inside the dark and silent linen cupboard.

Didn't wake up dd2 though did it? Oh no.

I need it to stay asleep all night, silently, or I'm afraid it might be on the receiving end of some serious consequences. Fire and/or hammer consequences.

WendyTorrance Mon 13-Jul-15 06:33:25

I hate all of the Furbys that my kids own. I find I only have to breathe near them and they set off with their annoying babble for ages.

They are the work of satan IMO.

Notasinglefuckwasgiven Mon 13-Jul-15 07:38:18

Dd is petrified of her Furby. My mum paid a fair few quid for it and it stands behind a book in it's multi coloured ugliness, with dd running off if it talks....

RachelRagged Mon 13-Jul-15 08:47:42

Oh , Furbies . I remember the first batch (lol , making them sound like Gremlins ..... then again) , drove me nuts.

These new ones would drive me crazier . . Poor Op you got my sympathies

ProcrastinatorGeneral Mon 13-Jul-15 10:46:40

All three of my children have indicated they'd like one. I've indicated that they're free to buy what they like once they leave home grin

Haggswood Mon 13-Jul-15 19:39:08

I am deeply, deeply regretting this purchase.

What sort of bastard creates a toy that just will not shut the fuck up, jabbers on in a nails-down-the-blackboard tone and volume and spontaneously wakes up in the middle of the goddamned night, BUT DOESNT INCLUDE AN OFF SWITCH?

AND puts the batteries in a chamber on accessed only via teeny tiny screw driver?

And absolute bloody bastard that is who.

SirPercyPilkington Mon 13-Jul-15 19:43:36

They are wee dicks.
We had them first time round and my little brother came running into my room in the middle of the night with a Furby chanting demonic verses and a wild look of terror in his eyes.
I laughed so hard I woke the other fucking Furby up.

TheTroubleWithAngels Mon 13-Jul-15 19:45:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Haggswood Mon 13-Jul-15 19:48:18

grin

That's bad.

Notasinglefuckwasgiven Mon 13-Jul-15 20:37:15

Damn. Dd isn't at school yet. My dtb had a Furby in the 90s but my dad stuck a big knife through it while off his meds. I'm WAY more normal than I should be confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now