Talk

Advanced search

Tonight our family of four have all been fed different ready meals. Even the four yr old!!

(19 Posts)
Notfabulousatfourty Sun 12-Jul-15 18:56:48

I'm really not sure of it's a bit neglectful or ok wink

We've had an incredibly busy weekend and went to an event last night which meant none of us got much sleep. Hence I am shattered.

Gave DP his fave ready meal dinner. 4 year old had a (waitrose if that makes any difference haha!!) kids slag Bol. My older son is very fussy ( would really much rather go without than eat 95% the meals I am good at cooking) so he had his fave a roast beef dinner. I, being the token vegetarian had a vege meal.

Everyone ate their dinners, was blissful peace!!

How odd am In considering this not too bad grin

formerbabe Sun 12-Jul-15 18:58:41

They're all fed.. its fine!

IHaveBrilloHair Sun 12-Jul-15 18:58:41

If it works for you then why not.
There's only two of us here, and I cook one meal, the choice is eat it or don't.

FernGullysWoollyPully Sun 12-Jul-15 18:59:59

2 important things I can deduce from this op.

1. Everyone ate.
2. There was peace.

Jobs been done. I'd congratulate myself with wine

Mintyy Sun 12-Jul-15 19:01:02

Of course its not too bad!

Going to bed hungry or stuffed to the gills with junk would be bad.

AlanPacino Sun 12-Jul-15 19:02:07

We all had different meals too, but poor dp cooked them all from scratch. He's even made something for me to take to work tomorrow smile. Dp is a lot more accommodating than me though when it comes to meal times.

trollkonor Sun 12-Jul-15 19:02:19

Its one night and everyone ate.

Reignbeau Sun 12-Jul-15 19:06:06

4 year old had a (waitrose if that makes any difference haha!!) kids spag Bol

grin at this being neglectful. My 4 year old gets those pasta cartoon shapes in tomato sauce from a tin when I don't have time or CBA to cook properly. I've never set foot in a waitrose.

bakingaddict Sun 12-Jul-15 19:06:29

I'm going to be very honest here do you really think people are bothered about what you have feed your family after a busy weekend? If you don't tell anybody nobody can judge

CrumbsThatsQuick Sun 12-Jul-15 19:09:02

I'd love to try some slag bol

LetThereBeCupcakes Sun 12-Jul-15 19:09:54

The only thing I judge is slag bol! grin

Deelish75 Sun 12-Jul-15 19:11:25

Last year when I was suffering with pregnancy exhaustion and sickness DS lived off ready meals, once the radioactive glow faded he went back to being his happy 5 yr old self wink

Floggingmolly Sun 12-Jul-15 19:13:55

Oh well, as long as it's Waitrose... (Do you seriously imagine they're any better than anyone else's ready meals?)

BrianButterfield Sun 12-Jul-15 19:15:25

It's food, and it's food that a great many million people in this world would give their right arm for. Don't be so silly.

Edenviolet Sun 12-Jul-15 19:15:46

Don't worry 9 times out of 10 we all have different food every night. Four dcs never have the same meal.

Occasionally if I'm lucky dd1 has the same and me and dh but it's not often. I hate dinner time it's like working in a restaurant!

Momzilla82 Sun 12-Jul-15 19:16:11

YABU op but only because this is a blatant stealth boast. Who can afford 4 ready meals? grin

Notfabulousatfourty Sun 12-Jul-15 19:23:48

Oh dear my post seems to have annoyed a few respondents!!

Is totally lighthearted but I was actually wanting to genuinely gauge people opinions as there is so much judging on this forum over food choices. I just wondered how far removed from most peoples norms this would be.

Yes DS 2 really does a good old slag Bol haha!! ( honestly Apple do you not realise how truly awful your autocorrect feature is, it's criminal how wrong it gets things!!?)

Ref waitrose I am not a committed Waitrose shopper as they are pricey, however I do believe their food values are a bit better than some/many other shops. Just my opinion.

SchwarzwalderKirschtorte Sun 12-Jul-15 19:37:08

Everyone ate, no hassle. No problem. smile

CheesyNachos Sun 12-Jul-15 19:42:01

We had 4 different meals too.

CheesySon had Aldi pizza with added courgette and other vegetables on the top.

HusbandCheesy had leftover rice and green lentils with chilli and coriander

CheesyCats had catfood

I had three cups of herbal tea because I am fasting.

grin

Usually we eat the same, but sometimes life gets in the way of best laid plans.

Someone on MN once said ; 'Everyone's fed, no-body's dead'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now