Talk

Advanced search

Need somebody to calm me down

(8 Posts)
Discopanda Sun 12-Jul-15 15:21:44

Yes, IABU for posting here for traffic. Last night I went out for the first time in over a year, DD2 is EBF, made sure I had plenty of breastmilk expressed for her. Stayed at my sister's house, had my last drink at 3 and didn't feed baby until almost 11 BUT I just remembered that I was smoking because I was drunk, must have had about 6-7, last one was about 3am as well. Now I'm panicking about SIDS and poisoning my baby, please could somebody reassure me.

Wideopenspace Sun 12-Jul-15 15:25:26

You aren't going to kill your baby. It's fine.

I imagine you have a massive hangover, hence feeling all paranoid. Eat some carbs and feel pleased you've had a night out.

RJnomore Sun 12-Jul-15 15:26:02

In the kindest way possible, get a grip. Us babies of the 70s grew up in smoke hazes and yes there was higher sids rates but even then it wasn't common. You didn't smoke anywhere near your baby. I promise you haven't poisoned them!

YesIAmAMan Sun 12-Jul-15 15:28:39

I cannot give you professional medical advice but I would think a one off instance would not be enough to be a problem. People make mistakes, you've probably learned a lesson, and it may even strengthen your resolve to stay of cigs in the future. Put it down as a one off mistake that won't cause any issue and you know you wont repeat. Don't be so hard on yourself for a one off, if you do it again though expect my wagging finger and loud tutting;)

Discopanda Sun 12-Jul-15 15:33:02

Thank you smile I am a gigantic worrier, I still check my 3 year old every single night before I go to sleep with the exception of last night when I was a dirty stop-out.

PuntasticUsername Sun 12-Jul-15 15:33:30

Aw. She'll be fine! thanks

RJnomore Sun 12-Jul-15 15:34:06

Bless. You need a hug and a McDonald's milk shake.

paulapompom Sun 12-Jul-15 16:34:20

RJ is right, lots of mums and dads smoked around babies and we all made it. In fact my mum had a private room in the hospital as she was considered having a high risk pregnancy (she was 41, I was her first pregnancy and I was premature) she was thrilled cos smoking wasn't allowed on the ward but she could puff away in her little room, as could all visitors AND the nurses!
Think you're feeling a bit weird being out - don't, you sound like a lovely mum. Crisps and coke may help. brew

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now