Talk

Advanced search

to be irritated with parking cones outside my house ?

(62 Posts)
mrsfuzzy Sat 11-Jul-15 20:24:05

i don't even drive, but there are parking cones moved onto the road outside my home the moment my new neighbour goes out in the car. several people have already said how selfish i am for having the bloody things there... AARRGGHH !!

MarchLikeAnAnt Sat 11-Jul-15 20:27:08

www.trafficcone.com/ grin

itsmeitscathy Sat 11-Jul-15 20:27:55

move them,kidnap them or add to a random statue

londonrach Sat 11-Jul-15 20:28:25

If neighbour is placing cones is road its consider a hazzard in the highway which is dangerous and your neighbour could be in serious trouble. From memory onky the police or similar can put cones on the hoghway. Private land is different. Im sure someone on mn can give you the correct and more up to date information x

MythicalKings Sat 11-Jul-15 20:29:03

Move them to outside their house. Do it every time. They'll soon give up.

RandomMess Sat 11-Jul-15 20:31:09

Stack them up and leave them on their pavement so anyone can park there?

londonrach Sat 11-Jul-15 20:32:18

Hogway! I love my ipad sometimes..

Tistheseasonbear Sat 11-Jul-15 20:32:58

Agree. Keep moving them or stacking them up etx

wevecomeonholidaybymistake Sat 11-Jul-15 20:34:33

Just move them!

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Sat 11-Jul-15 20:34:55

I'd just nick em.

mrsfuzzy Sat 11-Jul-15 20:35:00

march loved this link - so funny, i'm obviously bu traffic cones need love too.
its i could arrange in their front garden as a feature, with the broken down car.
london people move them around on the pavement when the cars are there, so it causes problems for the predestrians, a bit like a game of chess really! but still so bloody irritating all the same.
will have to call the council i guess.

PeppaWellington Sat 11-Jul-15 20:35:15

Take them to the nearest police station.

RobotHamster Sat 11-Jul-15 20:35:19

Yes, just move them

mrsfuzzy Sat 11-Jul-15 20:36:15

i do move them but the neighbours stick them outside my hedge on the pavement.

HoneyDragon Sat 11-Jul-15 20:37:28

This is easily rectified

Just put a sign on your door saying

I'm not the cunt cone, he is ->

Problem solved.

cleanmyhouse Sat 11-Jul-15 20:38:14

Stick them back in their garden every time.

HoneyDragon Sat 11-Jul-15 20:38:25

Or even ......

I'm not cone cunt, he is ----->

<I'm clearly the alliteration asshat>
blush

LazyLouLou Sat 11-Jul-15 20:39:43

1. Put a big sign on them... Not mine ----> his
2. After a few days of that, steal them, 1 by 1.
3. When you have them all, make a pretty stack of them in front of his door.
4. When he starts using them again, repeat Step 2. But this time drop them off at your local police station

Have fun smile

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Sat 11-Jul-15 20:42:53

Seriously........ just nick em.

Then he'll acquire more........ nick them too.

Then on xmas eve under the cover of darkness, stack them all up on his front doorstep (hopefully there'll be a really impressive number by that point). You could gift wrap them for added effect, but that might be overkill. grin

Adarajames Sat 11-Jul-15 20:49:41

I have a section 7 certificate that means Im legally allowed to put cones and signs in the road
<misses point of thread totally>

Kissesgingers Sat 11-Jul-15 20:58:00

Has the neighbour got a section 7?

ghostyslovesheep Sat 11-Jul-15 21:15:50

OP I feel your pain - I have some random car parked in my garden tonight (no pavement - but parking for 2 cars outside mine on the block paving/edge of garden) no fucking idea who it is - tempted to let a tyre down but then I remember a) I don't own the road and b) I am moving in 3 weeks to a house with a huge drive and parking for 6 cars grin I have wine so fuckit

ovumahead Sat 11-Jul-15 21:20:29

Steal the cones and replace with really small mini Lego cones or similar and place on their doorstep. That will really fuck with their minds. Yeah.

MythicalKings Sat 11-Jul-15 21:25:43

Ice cream cones?

Sistedtwister Sat 11-Jul-15 22:12:21

We had a tv company who shall remain nameless inform us that they were filming in the next street and would require the parking areas on our street for their vehicles for 2 weeks. They failed to realise that the street I live on is private and that they need to ask permission not dictate.

Needless to say the cones they placed were stacked neatly at the end of the street for them and we all parked as usual. The director got quite distraught. Twas mildly amusing and the drama was crap anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now