Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to let my son be in 2 Sunday league teams?

(5 Posts)
mamamomamuma Fri 10-Jul-15 20:07:10

DS (11) has been in a Sunday league footy team for 2 seasons. There are matches just about every week, and he's always been one of the most reliable players - hardly ever missing a match. He'd like to continue with the team next season, not least because it's a way of keeping in touch with some good primary school friends when they all move to different secondaries in September.

Trouble is, he's also just been selected for a local basketball league team, which plays matches a couple of times a month on a Sunday morning. He loves basketball and is very excited by the opportunity. But there's an obvious clash with the footy.

Given that other families seem to have weekends away a lot more than we do, and presumably squad sizes are designed to cope with some drop-out. Do you think it's reasonable to let him join both? He will need to choose between matches whenever there is a clash, but my instinct is to let him do that for a season to see how it works out. If it doesn't work out, then maybe the following year he'll have to choose between them.

Anyone else had to make a similar decision? How did it work out for you?

MayPolist Fri 10-Jul-15 20:09:43

No you will end up messing them both about

Teabagbeforemilk Fri 10-Jul-15 20:12:42

So half of the month he won't be available to play football?

I am going to say Yabu and will end up letting them both down. Surely no other families go away twice in every month

mrsdavidbowie Fri 10-Jul-15 20:15:04

No it's not fair on the team.

lornathewizzard Fri 10-Jul-15 20:19:00

Twice a month to miss it seems excessive. I think you need to check with the football team coach

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: