Talk

Advanced search

to think Prince Phillip doesn't care about his public image too much ?

(161 Posts)
Egosumquisum Fri 10-Jul-15 18:30:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

snowglobemouse Fri 10-Jul-15 18:49:36

he's fucking rude

summerainbow Fri 10-Jul-15 18:51:12

He is very old now

ThinkIveBeenHacked Fri 10-Jul-15 18:51:14

He is almost 100. Disrespectful to expect him to sit and wait forever for a bloody photo.

As Maggie Smith said in "Marigold Hotel" - "at this age I cant plan ahead, I dont even buy ripe bananas"

MaggieJoyBlunt Fri 10-Jul-15 18:51:47

He's ninety odd, he was probably hot and tired, he's not allowed to retire. I feel for him a bit.

QuiteLikely5 Fri 10-Jul-15 18:52:07

I like him. Quite a colourful character.

candlesandlight Fri 10-Jul-15 18:52:31

I think he is brilliant...doesn't suffer fools, and if I get to live as long as him I will definitely be speaking my mind.

GinUpGirl Fri 10-Jul-15 18:54:02

I like him too. Couldn't pay me to be royal, looks well and truly shit.

GeorgeYeatsAutomaticWriter Fri 10-Jul-15 18:54:25

It's not just his old age, he's always been like that.

Idontseeanydragons Fri 10-Jul-15 18:54:36

I know he's Greek by birth (isn't he?) but he really does remind me of my Yorkshire born FIL grin
He's so incredibly rude but somehow manages to ride it out every time. I also have it on very good authority that he's actually a very nice person and extremely good to work for.

Egosumquisum Fri 10-Jul-15 18:56:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaggieJoyBlunt Fri 10-Jul-15 18:56:36

Greek, Danish, Russian, German, bit of a mixture I think.

honeyroar Fri 10-Jul-15 18:59:02

He is rude and un pc, but he does amuse me! A lot of other men his age would be the same if made to do what he still has to.

SycamoreMum Fri 10-Jul-15 18:59:17

I think he was tired. Bless his heart! grin

Idontseeanydragons Fri 10-Jul-15 18:59:25

I reckon Harry takes after Phillip - not that much tact and prone to putting his foot in it. Says a lot really, Harry is pretty popular, a bit of a spare in some ways and having to really concentrate and become known for his charity work now he's left the army because he can't do anything else. I'm fairly certain that's how Phillip has ended up.

Idontseeanydragons Fri 10-Jul-15 19:00:35

Oh yes he's related to the Romanov's isn't he? I think he provided DNA samples when they identified the bones.

sweetgrape Fri 10-Jul-15 19:00:39

He can retire anytime he wants. He doesn't want to because he has a life of pampered luxury as does the queen. But really there is nothing to retire from.The reason they're both hale and hearty is purely because they've never had to work in their lives. Throw in the best health care imagine able (private physicians) and there's no reason for anything less. Most 90 odd year olds can barely walk, a lifetime of toil can do that, something the scrounging royals know nothing about.

Behooven Fri 10-Jul-15 19:01:56

Overtired and peeved. I get that way and I'm half his age.

sweetgrape Fri 10-Jul-15 19:04:41

I hate the way him and his daughter are admired for their "don't suffer fools" qualities. Just another word for cantankerous if you ask me. But apart from that do the fools include the very foolish Andrew?

PresidentTwonk Fri 10-Jul-15 19:07:44

Must be proper bloody boring to be a royal I think I'd say fuck quite a bit as well. I think the queen is pretty amazing holding her tongue and her patience like she does but it's a bit boring, at least we know he's a person and not a PR/media-bot like some people in the public eye!

TinklyLittleLaugh Fri 10-Jul-15 19:08:44

He's a racist insensitive old git as well isn't he? And educated and well travelled enough to know better. As arrogant as they come.

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Fri 10-Jul-15 19:10:22

He doesn't want to because he has a life of pampered luxury as does the queen. But really there is nothing to retire from.The reason they're both hale and hearty is purely because they've never had to work in their lives.

My understanding is that the Queen has always had quite a busy schedule, although she has possibly trimmed it down in the last year or so.

www.royal.gov.uk/HMTheQueen/DayInTheLife/Queensworkingday.aspx

Brunhildafair Fri 10-Jul-15 19:12:56

Anybody any thoughts on the 'From Russia with Cash',documentary? I thought it gave a very interesting viewpoint on the shady London property deals. I felt the agents in question did themselves and the industry no favours.Would love to know what others thought.

Viviennemary Fri 10-Jul-15 19:18:04

Why should he care. He's a royal. So can do no wrong. Or if he does what does it matter.

GiddyOnZackHunt Fri 10-Jul-15 19:19:49

I shouldn't think he cares what the public think at all. As long as we don't become a republic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now