Talk

Advanced search

To not allow the cat to sit on my lap when I just got dressed for a job interview?

(20 Posts)
DrSeuss Thu 09-Jul-15 11:58:50

He certainly thinks so and has gone off in a huff! Probably destroying a chair somewhere as we speak!

cailindana Thu 09-Jul-15 12:02:21

Yes you are entirely unreasonable. Did you not get the pamphlet about being a good slave owner to your cat, published by our furry overlords friends? Repeat: I do not have a lap, I keep my cat's lap on my legs. This lap is my cat's lap to use whenever my cat so pleases.

The idea of denying a cat access to their lap!

Good luck with the interview!

Janette123 Thu 09-Jul-15 12:05:25

YABU,
Kitty should be allowed access to your knee/lap at all times, on demand.

If kitty wants a lap everything must stop. You cannot move, use the telephone or go to the loo.

Next time put an old towel on your knee.

And good luck with the interview !

LittleCandle Thu 09-Jul-15 12:12:06

What? You think your interview is more important than your cat sitting on your knee? Well I never! Good luck with the interview, because it sounds as though you will need to buy a lot of catnip to make up for this heinous crime.

FenellaFellorick Thu 09-Jul-15 12:12:55

I only needed to read the first 5 words of your thread title to decide that yabvvvvvvvu.

DrSeuss Thu 09-Jul-15 12:14:19

Thank you for your good wishes although the cat still feels that I am entirely undeserving!

FernGullysWoollyPully Thu 09-Jul-15 12:14:57

Totally unreasonable <tut>

Remember who's in charge here.

Not you. grin

catsrus Thu 09-Jul-15 12:18:51

You did what? You offended the cat? Wow you're brave!

patienceisvirtuous Thu 09-Jul-15 12:22:47

Poor mog, he must be livid.

limitedperiodonly Thu 09-Jul-15 12:28:18

My cat kept standing on the keyboard in front of the screen this morning while I was trying to earn money to keep him in food.

I pushed him away patiently a few times and he did his other attention-seeking trick of picking his way though smashable objects.

I shouted at him and shoved him out of the back door and shut it.

But I caught his foot. I felt terrible, I let him back in instantly. The foot is okay. He is currently sunbathing.

chandelierswinger Thu 09-Jul-15 12:36:28

Is he a black cat? Maybe he was trying to bring you luck? He's probably plotting what 'gift' to bring you in, or eat and bring back up again, whilst pretending to be sunbathing.

Mimigolightly Thu 09-Jul-15 12:44:21

You are being completely unreasonable - I can't believe you even bothered to ask grin. You should know by know that you have to bow to their will, especially if you're wearing black.

Good luck.

Laladeepsouth Thu 09-Jul-15 15:30:23

Totally unreasonable. And selfish. So selfish.

paulapompom Thu 09-Jul-15 21:15:01

Yabu - next you'll be saying you try to read a newspaper while the cat is trying to sit on it!

Spog Thu 09-Jul-15 21:16:58

need a photo of huffy mog.

CornChips Thu 09-Jul-15 21:19:47

Have you put your shoes on yet? Did they have a regurgitated furball in them?

limitedperiodonly Thu 09-Jul-15 21:42:24

How did your interview go OP but more importantly, how is your cat taking it?

zeezeek Thu 09-Jul-15 21:47:20

Well, as it is unlikely that your Master/Mistress has forgiven you, you may be able to redeem yourself if you a) get the job which I'm presuming will mean more money to keep said Master/Mistress in the lifestyle to which they are accustomed and b) apologise profusely, present said Master/Mistress with a gift and beg forgiveness.

DrSeuss Thu 09-Jul-15 22:22:57

Still waiting to hear about interview, thanks. Thought it went OK. Cat has forgiven me in exchange for food! He is a ginger Tom, named after Hermione Grainger's cat although he is not as fancy having lived rough till the CPL caught and rehomed him.

Teacup246 Sun 12-Jul-15 21:16:28

Hope you got the job and another request for a pic. Love cats!

Love the thought of him destroying a chair somewhere!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now