Talk

Advanced search

to want to turn my fucking cats into Davy Crockett hats! !

(57 Posts)
ovaryhill Wed 08-Jul-15 12:16:10

Have been trying to locate an awful smell in the house all morning, blaming the dog for farting at one point
Went up to bathroom for a pee and there in the bath, right on top of the plughole is a massive cat shit! Like a cartoon size walnut whip
I feel sick

DidoTheDodo Wed 08-Jul-15 12:19:22

Better than on the carpet. At least in the bath it is reasonably easy to clean.

Fairygodfucker Wed 08-Jul-15 12:28:19

I was going to say at least it's easy to clean.

My cat has taken to punishing the dc for not hanging up their uniforms by leaving them little presents on the offending article in the night. I came down to a lovely pile of cat shit and school tie this morning little fucker

LaLaLaaaa Wed 08-Jul-15 12:40:22

Mine peed down the back of the sofa, I only noticed when I sat on sofa and it warmed up

TheCraicDealer Wed 08-Jul-15 13:01:37

Nothing to add except your thread title actually made me chortle.

BertrandRussell Wed 08-Jul-15 13:07:47

I threaten to turn mine into gloves frequently. But it's because of half eaten rodents, not poos.......

CigarsofthePharoahs Wed 08-Jul-15 13:08:29

Good idea.
Mine has shat in the bath before, at lleast it can be cleaned with a pint of bleach and a lot of scrubbing. Put me off having a bath for a while!
She also peed on dh trousers, the morning we were going on holiday. Had to do an emergency wash and dry them on the parcel shelf. Would have turned her into a hat that day if I'd had the time!

helenahandbag Wed 08-Jul-15 13:42:05

I gave my dog a row for something a few weeks ago and half an hour later, as punishment, he shat on the bathroom rug. I was standing in the hall and he made full eye contact while he was doing it, squatting down with his ears back.

Dick.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Wed 08-Jul-15 13:44:22

I should feel greatful ours ATTEMPTS to use the litter tray.
Long haired little sod, usually leaves the tray with half a poop dangling, then sits on every surface in the kitchen...
Ds and I had to bath this spiked ball of hissiness the other week, for that exact reason.
This is a cat that hates being picked up.

On a side note, animals usually go to the toilet where they already smell urine or feaces.
ExBIL had a teen who wet the bed. Their cat thought this bed was another place to use as a tray...

No, yanbu

NorahBone Wed 08-Jul-15 13:46:19

My toddler has taken to shitting in the shower. He'd make a rubbish hat, though.sad

ovaryhill Wed 08-Jul-15 13:49:33

I'm laughing at the dog making full eye contact whilst having a revenge poo

Spog Wed 08-Jul-15 13:51:08

YANBU.

ovaryhill Wed 08-Jul-15 13:53:32

Our dog used to use the litter tray like a buffet table, we kept finding little piles of litter on the stairs , then realised that he was taking out litter covered poo and feasting on them on on the stair carpet!! Filthy beast

paulapompom Wed 08-Jul-15 13:56:16

I thought it was only my cat that did this, but it's clearly a thing. There is a website called "cats in sinks" mn could start one called "cats do shits - in the bath" grin

Janeymoo50 Wed 08-Jul-15 14:24:53

I volunteer for a cat charity and have yonks of experience with cats...I'd be concerned OP, this is normally a sign of something not quite right (as is any kind of sudded "inappropriate toleting" by cats). My cat did this once, I got the shock of my life, turns out she was in the early stages of mouth cancer. It might of course be just a one off, but cats are usually very, very clean and fussy about where they poo etc so if this is totally out of character then maybe she needs a general check up at the vets.

ovaryhill Wed 08-Jul-15 14:45:45

Thanks Janey but I think it was just desperation, Dh was supposed to put them out for a while before bed last night but forgot !

6cats3gingerkittens Wed 08-Jul-15 14:58:32

My girl, Isabella, widdles over the plughole in the bath. She does this while I have a wee next door in the loo. I think it's.quite tidy minded of her as its So easy to clean up and she looks so pleased with herself for having disposed of her wee so neatly. She has trained one of her sons to do the same!!!!!

Mimigolightly Wed 08-Jul-15 15:09:56

I think he was probably desperate and he pooed in the place he thought was easiest to clear up. H could have just done it on a bed or on your carpet so I'd give him another chance before you turn him into a hat.

ChopinLiszt Wed 08-Jul-15 15:20:48

Isabella is a cat I'm hoping????

landoflostcontent Wed 08-Jul-15 15:21:11

My daughter left her suitcase open. It was neatly packed with everything she needed for a much longed for and needed holiday. She went to fetch one or two last minute items. The cat weed in it...

SirVixofVixHall Wed 08-Jul-15 15:25:23

My friend's cat always did this. Easy to clean up and bleach. She actually used the loo to wee, but couldn't manage to poo on it without falling in so used the plughole instead. V clever.

ovaryhill Wed 08-Jul-15 15:28:04

Cat poo is the worst smell in the world, I was nearly sick trying to clean it!

googoodolly Wed 08-Jul-15 15:39:34

My tom cat waits until the trays have been cleaned completely, then goes in and does the stinkiest shit known to man, then walks out looking really smug! He only ever does this when we clean out the trays and change the litter - the rest of the time it's much more tolerable.

Means his nickname in this house is now ginger shitbag...

BettyCatKitten Wed 08-Jul-15 15:46:00

Oh yes, cat poo is toxic!! One of my previous cats used to sometimes shit in the bath. Luckily DH used to be first into the bathroom in the morning, so was awarded the task of disposing of it grin. Another cat used to like to shit on one of my dd's beds. Horrendous!

FruChristerOla Wed 08-Jul-15 15:53:39

MadFruCat has only had a shit in the bath once. Well, it's the only shit he's had inside, but it was my fault for leaving him with no means to get outside - totally accidentally on my part. But I was rather impressed really, at least it's easy to clean up when it's in the bath.

At the moment, I'm half tempted to turn them both (the other one is DozyFruCat) into Davy Crockett hats because they're waking me up at 5am for their breakfasts.

Actually, this is the way it goes :

MFC 5am jumps on the bed and demands food - I stumble, half-asleep, into the kitchen and put his food down. Go back to bed. Just dropping off to sleep with the start of a good dream when :

DFC, 5.30am jumps on the bed and demands food - I stumble, half-asleep into the kitchen and put his food down. Go back to bed. Just dropping off to sleep with the start of a good dream when :

it all starts over again with demands to be let out. They can get outside without my input ... but, oh no, I have to let them out of the front door ... because only the damn front door will do.

I'm exhausted I tell you. DP, meanwhile, half-awakes from his snoring to say "which one is it?" and then turns over to go back to sleep with a giggle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now