Talk

Advanced search

to go out first thing tomorrow and shoot all the noisy birds in my garden

(44 Posts)
BorisJohnsonsHair Tue 07-Jul-15 17:58:37

... with DS's water pistol? They're really getting on my nerves angry

princessvikki Tue 07-Jul-15 18:08:05

Your not alone! By next door neighbours over grown trees are leaning over so are about a metre away from my open bedroom window, the family of pigeons think its great to sing at 5am everydayangry I have considered much more drastic action than a water pistol!

addicted2cake Tue 07-Jul-15 18:10:12

And once you've done yours could you pop over to mine!

molyholy Tue 07-Jul-15 18:14:47

I have kept quiet about my hatred for a bird that tweets from abt half 4am until about 9pm. Just the one tiny bird. Opposite side of the street. Tweet tweet fucking tweet. I prayed it got struck by lightning during the storm the other night. No such luck. I felt unreasonable moaning about birdsong. Ahhhhhhhh feels good to get my anger out.

hedgehogsdontbite Tue 07-Jul-15 18:16:50

YABU

Birds singing in the morning is a joy to be heard.

Charley50 Tue 07-Jul-15 18:19:15

YABU I love the sound of birds singing!

CheeseAndBeans Tue 07-Jul-15 18:21:30

YANBU
For the first time in weeks DD slept til 7 am today (instead of usual 5-5.30 am). Did I get the extra sleep?! No. Bloody birds sat on tree tweeting away outside my bedroom window from 5. Once you have done yours, come round mine?

DoJo Tue 07-Jul-15 18:40:21

YANBU - birds singing at 4am can fuck right off!

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 07-Jul-15 18:52:35

Enjoy seeing the birds in our garden; we put out bird food and like to encourage them.

Backfires when at 5am crows? jackdaws? shout with all the one note melody of a bag of spanners dropped from a great height.

MistressMerryWeather Tue 07-Jul-15 18:52:49

I love bird song in the morning.

However, the house we used to live in had a wood pigeon that would sit on our porch roof every morning at 5/5:30 am and Hoo hoo, hoo hoo very loudly.

It got old very quickly.

We ended up Naming him Bernard and making up stories about him to make it bearable.

Archfarchnad Tue 07-Jul-15 18:58:09

Apparently there is a real shortage of sparrows in Europe.

Not true, they've all come and inhabited our neighbours' tree, and in the early evening they're the most ASBO feckers bit like the neighbours. They squabble non-stop (neighbours and sparrows) and literally push each other out of the tree (OK, the neighbours don't do that - very often.) When DCat brought in a family of mortally injured baby sparrows recently, on the one hand I was shocked/devastated/disappointed/revolted etc, on the other I thought, that's four fewer of the feckers this summer.

littleomar Tue 07-Jul-15 19:02:26

Earplugs. Useless for snoring husbands and crying children, pretty good for birds.

ladybird69 Tue 07-Jul-15 19:02:32

You are def not being unreasonable. A magpie was fighting with my cat at 4.30 the other morning, the noise was terrible and they wouldn't give in. Good idea about water gun. ( I managed to get it on video cause it was so incredible. )

MistressMerryWeather Tue 07-Jul-15 19:06:54

Oh Ladybird, please show us.

Sounds epic.

ladybird69 Tue 07-Jul-15 19:11:09

If someone can tell me how to upload video I will smile

DoJo Tue 07-Jul-15 19:12:30

We had a pigeon who used to shout down our chimney, and one morning it was so bad that I ended up shouting UP the chimney at it to fuck off! Now we have some demented bird who attacks our windows at stupid o'clock in the morning, trying to fight the identical bird which always appears when it flies near. Stupid bloody thing - not sure how it survives the repeated head injuries, but the bloody thing is relentless!

HippyDippyRidingPretty Tue 07-Jul-15 19:17:46

Yabu...

Although throughout winter I had bird song as my alarm tone. Boy am I regretting that now with the early risers outside my window grin

ShelaghTurner Tue 07-Jul-15 19:25:03

Can you do mine too please I bloody hate birds angry

Trumpity Tue 07-Jul-15 19:27:24

I want to see the cat vs. magpie fight.

soverylucky Tue 07-Jul-15 19:29:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Preciousbane Tue 07-Jul-15 19:50:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RachelRagged Tue 07-Jul-15 20:44:46

Hahaha YANBU Op

Thing is with the birds, they are up in what really is middle of the night singing away , loudly . then you barely really hear them in the day apart from a few cheeps or squawks etc. Then they are at it again come dusk .

I like birds though , just not among the many trees around me , dead early

Hahaha YANBU Op

Thing is with the birds, they are up in what really is middle of the night singing away , loudly . then you barely really hear them in the day apart from a few cheeps or squawks etc. Then they are at it again come dusk .

Hahaha YANBU Op

RachelRagged Tue 07-Jul-15 20:45:17

OMG Sorry , no idea why it posted thrice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now