Talk

Advanced search

To be so upset by this woman? I see her every morning ROARING at her children

(19 Posts)
TheHouseOnBellSt Tue 07-Jul-15 08:48:25

I can hear her before I see her coming down our long street. Every morning at about 8.40....like clockwork....she's literally roaring at her two boys who look about 8 and 5.

The smaller one gets more bother than the older one....the things she's shouting at him for are things like tripping over his own feet or dropping his scooter. "STOP IT YOU STUPID LITTLE SHIT!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!"

When I say roaring I mean it...imagine shouting at the TOP of your voice constantly....that's what she does....it's not one shout or even two but the entire time she's coming down the street with them...her voice sounds awful...frightening and growly...my own dc are also leaving at this time with their Dad and i hate that my DC's eyes go massive and they don't know where to look as they hear this woman....in all honesty I want to shout back at her or report her.....but you can't report someone for shouting and I don't know who she is anyway.

Nothing I can do I suppose but that stinks doesn't it? Not being able to say or do anything and being forced to hear this every day and to see her boys cringe up the road. I am not exaggerating....it's the whole way up the street and so loud and aggressive that if you didn't see her you would imagine it was an adult trying to start a fight or something.

EhricLovesTheBhrothers Tue 07-Jul-15 08:50:25

Do you know which school they go to? You could talk to the school. If they have other concerns about these children this may be helpful. It's likely they will know which parent and children you are talking about.

RachelRagged Tue 07-Jul-15 08:50:48

Yea it stinks OP

On my road is the one family all areas seem to have . Loud and Rough ,
Can hear her coming before seeing her .

TheHouseOnBellSt Tue 07-Jul-15 08:52:45

Ehric yes I do but what would I do? Describe them? I actually know one of the infant teachers there personally....could I speak to her off record? Just mention it? Or is that bad?

Rachel Yes....they look like such nice little boys too.

OurDearLeader Tue 07-Jul-15 08:53:07

Video it. Take it to the school and social services. Video it every day. I wouldn't approach her because she'll probably blame it on the kids and their lives will get even worse.

redexpat Tue 07-Jul-15 08:53:41

You can report her. Screaming at your kids is not an effective parenting model, but she might not know how to do otherwise. You can phrase it as i think this woman needs help.

Penfold007 Tue 07-Jul-15 08:54:08

The woman is abusing the children. I'd speak to the school if possible or speak to your neighbourhood police officer.

TheHouseOnBellSt Tue 07-Jul-15 08:55:00

Dear she'd probably see me! I live in a flat with a big front window..I am tempted though.....I am sure she does need help red it's like she's got stuck in this pattern....for all I know she might be lovely all the rest of the time but just can't cope with school runs....

OurDearLeader Tue 07-Jul-15 08:55:18

If she's like this in public what do you think she's looking like behind closed doors, report, report, report.

TheHouseOnBellSt Tue 07-Jul-15 08:55:53

How can I report with no idea of her address or anything?

AuntyMag10 Tue 07-Jul-15 08:57:23

Loud and rough exactly. I think it's a good idea to possibly record her over a few days to show how she is consistently verbally abusing her children.

RiverTam Tue 07-Jul-15 08:57:57

Yes, but screaming at your DC and calling them stupid little shits is over and above struggling with the school run. I would report her to all and sundry. What a hateful start to every day for her DC. And God knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Pepperonipeteczar Tue 07-Jul-15 08:58:21

I hate this. I was in the park with my toddler and there was a mom on a blanket smoking weed about 20 meters away from the park and every time her son came over to her, couldn't have been any older than 2 and a half, she was saying to him "I don't care, go and play in the park, get the sand the fuck away from me NOW" ect ect. I really didn't know what to do but wish I did something.

DisgraceToTheYChromosome Tue 07-Jul-15 09:03:29

Video and report. Those kids need to be away from this woman ASAP.

TheHouseOnBellSt Tue 07-Jul-15 09:05:22

Ok I will video in the morning....I'm never here on the way back so don't know if she's the same at pick up....but this week I will have the camera at the ready and the windows open.

BUt then what do I do? Social Services?

OurDearLeader Tue 07-Jul-15 09:16:49

Do you know which school they attend? In the first instance I would go to the school because they are more likely to know who they are. They may also want to contact social services themselves which may have more clout.

Iliveinalighthousewith2friendl Tue 07-Jul-15 09:28:48

I was ready to come on and say. Well we can't all behAve and act like Mr Tumble every minute of the day. We all shout now and again. But not all the time constantly. What you hAve described to me I would call verbal abuse. If she is calling him a little shit outside God knows what she is saying behind closed doors.
I agree contact the school they attend

TheHouseOnBellSt Tue 07-Jul-15 09:30:50

She's bloody horrible. I know I shouldn't say that....she might be a victim herself but you know....it's horrible to watch. I will record then speak to school thank you all.

OhEmGeee Tue 07-Jul-15 09:34:45

Of course you can report it. It's all our responsibility to safeguard children. Talk to the school, phone SS, just do something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now