Talk

Advanced search

to be suspicious of older women with totally smooth foreheads!

(77 Posts)
shubedo Mon 06-Jul-15 19:47:46

Was watch tv the other day and an older actress was on and I noted to my friend that she had a very smooth forehead and that she must have been at the botox. My friend had a look and said maybe she just doesn't have forehead lines? I pointed out that she had a smooth forehead even when she raises her eyebrows and my friend said she didn't either, she wears a fringe so I hadn't noticed before but she has no lines at all on her forehead at 38 (none at all round her eyes or mouth either) even when she raises her eyebrows her forehead doesn't line. She claims her mother is the same.

I just find it very hard to believe, I am 34 and have had lines on my forehead for years and so does everyone I know who isn't a child. I never thought she was the time but I now suspect her to be a secret botox user, that or nature is very unfair!

TheHouseOnBellSt Mon 06-Jul-15 19:50:36

I am 42 and have very few....none around my eyes at all. My forehead has one between the brows.

balls2DWall Mon 06-Jul-15 19:51:32

nature is unfair. ive had an "arse" between my eyebrows since mid twenties, very like the hmm. its where i frown but its constantly there! hence why dp calls me arseface to annoy me the little shit angry grin

shubedo Mon 06-Jul-15 19:56:54

I have a big line in the middle of my eyebrows and a lots of horizontal lines further up too. She has a baby smooth brow, never seen that anywhere but in the magazines.

badtime Mon 06-Jul-15 19:57:39

YABU.

I am 40 and have no lines. My dad is 70 and doesn't really have any.

However, before you start thinking this is unfair and we are lucky, I should point out that I had terrible acne when I was younger and still have a touch of teenage style (pimply) spots. Apparently, his skin was even worse and he suffered from facial boils. Basically, it is only because I have very oily skin that I don't have wrinkles, but it comes with its own problems. Swings and roundabouts.

Hassled Mon 06-Jul-15 19:59:25

I have wrinkles bloody everywhere but none on my forehead, which is suspiciously smooth, but there has been no botox. I've no idea why - you could lose loose change in my crows' feet, but my forehead is unchanged since childhood.

YouTheCat Mon 06-Jul-15 20:00:17

I saw the facebook picture of an old school 'friend' a few months ago. Incredible how she has this lovely, wrinkle-free, smooth forehead when she never did when she was at school (28 years ago). grin

Some people are just lucky though. My dad had next to no wrinkles or any grey hair in his 50s.

HelloNewman Mon 06-Jul-15 20:01:31

It's all to do with the way you move your face when you speak.

I have a colleague who is only 25 but she has a very lined forehead (more than mine) because her face is very expressive.

shubedo Mon 06-Jul-15 20:02:11

Perhaps some people have weaker facial muscles or something or thicker skin, still it is very unusual must be what happens when you have a combination of good genes and healthy lifestyle, still unfair and I still reckom most of them are a bit suspect.

Goshthatsspicy Mon 06-Jul-15 20:02:37

No. Lines here (43)
However, it isn't all plain sailing. The women in my family tend to melt instead! grin

Mintyy Mon 06-Jul-15 20:03:04

Forehead lines are genetic.

I am 52 and have none.

WhoNickedMyName Mon 06-Jul-15 20:04:13

No lines at all here at 37, but oily skin and prone to spots.

treaclesoda Mon 06-Jul-15 20:07:19

I have a deep frown line between my eyes (which I hate) but no noticeable lines anywhere else on my face. I'm 40. My mum had smooth skin until she was about 70! And she is a woman whose entire beauty regime since her teenage years consisted of soap and water. No makeup, treatments, facemasks, moisturiser, nothing. And most definitely no botox or fillers grin

FearOfABlackPlanet Mon 06-Jul-15 20:08:45

I'm 38 and don't have lines on my forehead, or crow's feet.

I'm getting eye bags, though, so it all evens out in the end grin

OftheTwilighttheDarkness Mon 06-Jul-15 20:12:04

I am 45 and have no forehead lines, I am going a bit jowly though.

msgrinch Mon 06-Jul-15 20:14:22

yabu my step mother has a completely wrinkle free face and is in her 60s, she's never had any thing injected (scared of needles and surgery), she's taken care of her skin, massively taken care it. She taught me from the age of 11 to as well. I love her for it! She looks incredible.

ImperialBlether Mon 06-Jul-15 20:20:36

I would imagine there's an awful lot of pressure on actresses to have Botox once they get older.

hedgehogsdontbite Mon 06-Jul-15 20:22:40

I'm also 45 and have no lines and I've just looked at photos of my mum, who is 63 and she doesn't either.

SanityClause Mon 06-Jul-15 20:25:40

A friend of mine, in her early 50s has a very smooth forehead, but if she raises her eyebrows, it crinkles up. I wouldn't have been hugely surprised if she had had Botox, but clearly she hasn't.

I have had forehead lines since I was in my 20s, if not earlier. It's the vertical ones in between my eyebrows that I hate, though.

WhirlpoolGalaxyM51 Mon 06-Jul-15 20:30:49

I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder if people have been botoxed, it's becoming more prevalent and certainly people (women mainly) on the telly it seems to be becoming pretty common.

I was watching a film the other night and said to DH OH LOOK her face moves when she talks, she's actually got a few lines on her forehead that appear (etc) and I realised it was quite unusual in Hollywood type films now (unless they are playing an "older" woman) but then a couple of scenes later her face stopped moving and I was like oh wow so maybe she / others watched it and thought better go get some botox! It was a bit sad really.

& disclaimer I may be wrong grin but that's how it looked to me.

Quite a few of the women i work with are botoxed too so really it's becoming more mainstream, so definitely not unreasonable to wonder.

DrElizabethPlimpton Mon 06-Jul-15 20:31:23

I'm 50 and no lines anywhere. I think it is genetics. I also have high cheek bones, I'm not sure if this helps grin

WhirlpoolGalaxyM51 Mon 06-Jul-15 20:32:23

When people say they / their mums have no lines do they mean even when they smile / grin / raise their eyebrows and stuff?

Because I look fairly reasonable in the mirror until I accidentally see myself when smiling or whatever and then get a bit of a shock!

WhirlpoolGalaxyM51 Mon 06-Jul-15 20:33:41

Like actually I'm wacthing my kitchen rules australia right now and there are a lot of suspicious foreheads on the women!

there's the shine to look out for too of course.

SolitudeSometimesIs Mon 06-Jul-15 20:35:42

I'm 35 and no lines either. My Mum made me moisturise from the age of 10 and I'm pretty careful about sun cream on my face as I have chloasma (thanks kids!). The rest of me is a flippin mess though grin

shubedo Mon 06-Jul-15 20:36:47

That was kind of my point to but even when she smiles or raises her eyebrows her forehed doesn't have lines and round her eyes is smooth, similar to a child but she can move her face also totally not the type to get botox doesn't even wear make up but that doesn't mean she hasn't had it done. I agree it is getting more and more common and nobody really talks about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now