All celebrities have the same personality

(15 Posts)
Hannahouse Mon 06-Jul-15 10:55:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

derxa Mon 06-Jul-15 11:13:00

Do you mean like Denise van Outen? The sort of bleak stage school type?

limitedperiodonly Mon 06-Jul-15 11:15:09

It's media training. If you express opinions, you run a risk of getting savaged which may seriously affect your career unless you're a controversialist such as Russell Brand or Jeremy Clarkson.

Of course, lots of people don't have opinions in the first place which gives them an advantage wink.

Spog Mon 06-Jul-15 12:35:10

YANBU.
celebs are trained, or else they learn the hard way, through bad experiences to never stray from the herd and tell the truth.
so many celebs say things like: "i don't drink, take drugs, eat junk food. i exercise daily and follow a strict diet. i'm always happy and smiling."
yet the truth is often very, very different. it's often all for show and behind the mask lies a very harsh reality.

RoboticSealpup Mon 06-Jul-15 12:36:10

Yanbu, they're all boring as shit.

ShortandSweeter Mon 06-Jul-15 13:26:28

How many of them do you know to have come to such a conclusion? Of course YABU

KoalaDownUnder Mon 06-Jul-15 15:08:38

I just find the mere concept of celebrities boring. Most of them do nothing much but look good, live elaborate lifestyles, and serially marry and divorce each other in a big circle-jerk. And the rest of the world goes gaga over it.

YAWN.

limitedperiodonly Mon 06-Jul-15 15:32:15

It depends on the person.

FarFromAnyRoad Mon 06-Jul-15 15:34:32

Are you being unreasonable about what OP? hmm

limitedperiodonly Mon 06-Jul-15 15:48:09

Many people don't express strong opinions whether they're famous or not.

How many times have you heard or seen people write: 'I don't like confrontation...' OP?

buttonmoonboots Mon 06-Jul-15 15:50:18

I used to meet quite a few celebs in the course of my work. Plenty were lovely with actual real personalities. That don't come across in a media representation which is essentially perpetuating a fantasy usually...

DoraGora Mon 06-Jul-15 15:56:14

It's probably because they're all managed by an agent. If they were managed at random, they might actually be interesting.

Sparklingbrook Mon 06-Jul-15 15:59:28

My favourite celebs are people I think would be good to have a drink and a bit of conversation down the pub with. There are not many on my list.

stareatthetvscreen Mon 06-Jul-15 16:02:37

or errr...perhaps they are all not being themselves smile

Sparklingbrook Mon 06-Jul-15 16:05:57

I think there have been enough threads on Mn about slebs and what they are really like to ensure correct judgements are made. Wouldn't want to be Cilla's mate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now