Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be fed up when businesses don't get back to you?

(10 Posts)
LilyMayViolet Mon 06-Jul-15 01:35:39

We're organising our wedding which is next Spring. I know it's a long way off but things get booked up and so rather be safe than sorry. We're getting married in a city which is not where we live so I can't just pop into places easily. Anyway, suffice to say we have the main things booked but some people are just taking ages to get back to us. For example 2 weeks ago a restaurant said they could host the lunch after the wedding, I replied immediately that this was excellent, could we talk about timings, menu etc. They haven't responded.

A hair and make up business that I contacted 10 days ago the same. Emailed me back fairly quickly with "yes, I'd love to help let me know dates for a trial". I did so imediatley, again no response.

I know it's wedding season so some of these people are probably incredibly busy but aibu to expect a response in a few days? I can't decide if I'm just impatient or these are rubbish businesses and I should look elsewhere.

paxtecum Mon 06-Jul-15 05:33:57

Send them both another polite email.

My neighbour works in the wedding business and she often gets over 200 emails a day.
Obviously she replies to them all ASAP, but it must be easy to miss one.

LilyMayViolet Mon 06-Jul-15 06:13:40

Thanks Paxtecum, that's really helpful. I will do that, I didn't realise they would be as busy as that!

PositiveAttitude Mon 06-Jul-15 06:24:21

So you have the reception place booked and the hair and make-up booked and you want them to get back to you to organise the small details? I realise to you that these things are not small details, but to people that do weddings on a regular basis these details are.
I bet that the venue for the reception has had people choose a menu, tell them timings etc too far in advance and then it all changes a number of times before the date. As long as you have confirmation about the bookings I suggest you relax a bit and sort out the details a few months before the date.

LilyMayViolet Mon 06-Jul-15 06:30:29

Yes, you're probably right Positive, I don't know if the hair and make up IS booked though? Do you think "we'd love to help" means I'm booked in?

Teabagbeforemilk Mon 06-Jul-15 06:31:18

I ge that it's annoying when you are trying to sort things. But it is the worst time of year for these people. Either email them again or call them, and conform with email of you want a written record of it.

LilyMayViolet Mon 06-Jul-15 06:35:34

I suppose I'm a bit worried because when we called the registry office 6 weeks ago to book a registrar for our venue they told us initially that they were too booked up to do it....a year in advance! Subsequently they "shuffled things around" and can do it now but it made me panic a bit!

DulcetMoans Mon 06-Jul-15 06:36:36

I wouldn't consider 'we'd love to help' as booked. Really, until there is a booking form or deposit, it's not booked I think.

It is really frustrating and I had it when wedding planning. In fact I am trying to get my boiler serviced at the moment and no luck. Initial email last week, response a few days later to say yes they can and price, email from me to confirm dates and nothing. So annoying!

Teabagbeforemilk Mon 06-Jul-15 06:41:24

A lot of places will be booked in year in advance. But July and August is busiest for wedding places because they could be doing things for several weddings a day and everyone (it's not just you) are thinking about their weddings. I used to be a wedding coordinator. July and August were absolutely manic. At this time of year I would have 6 weddings per week and hundreds of enquiries to get through. After spending 8 hours running round after bridal parties, supervising it all last thing I wanted to do was reply to the 80 emails, so I used to do as many as I could, but people would wait. I didn't mind them calling though if they felt it was urgent.

LilyMayViolet Mon 06-Jul-15 06:55:52

Thanks all, very helpful. It's hard to know if I'm being overly demanding. I'll leave the restaurant then and call the hair and beauty people next week to check if I'm booked in. Then I'lll try to relax a bit knowing it's in place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now