Talk

Advanced search

to not get this judgey pants saying

(10 Posts)
maggieryan Sun 05-Jul-15 22:56:38

I cringe when I hear it...is it an english saying?Ive never heard anyone outside mumsnet using it,

whathavewedonenow99 Sun 05-Jul-15 23:22:38

They must be firmly 'hoiked' at all times - apparently smile

WorraLiberty Sun 05-Jul-15 23:24:50

I've read it on a few internet forums.

I think it's very apt a lot of the time.

HaleMary Sun 05-Jul-15 23:27:12

I have only encountered it on here, but always assumed it was a variant of 'big girl pants' and the like..?

Fatmomma99 Sun 05-Jul-15 23:27:29

I heard it here for the first time and have seen it here lots of times. I quite like it.

FanFuckingTastic Sun 05-Jul-15 23:30:09

I thought it could be related to "getting your knickers in a twist" about something where it's a bit pointless, like judging other people, often without a solid basis to do so... you know, a sort of "judging the book by it's cover" thing.

But "big girl pants" could be apt also.

I always think wedgies whenever it's used, like it's thought the OP deserves one for being so judgemental.

reni1 Sun 05-Jul-15 23:34:48

Just tried saying it out loud. Sounds like something an 8 year old might call her friend. Maybe there is a story behind it, I'm quite new to mn.

minesapintofwine Sun 05-Jul-15 23:52:46

I seem to remember mnetters naming them (judge) Judy pants for a while.
That stuck with me in rl vocabulary grin

HaleMary Mon 06-Jul-15 00:12:20

I must admit I get a vivid mental image of those Steve Bell cartons of John Major with his underpants on over his trousers, Superman-style, only with large, aggressively pink knickers with frilly edges instead of y-fronts....

MothertotheLordsofmisrule Mon 06-Jul-15 00:18:58

I thought the 'big girl pants' reference was the female version of 'man up'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now