Talk

Advanced search

to think somebody should be able to do something about the sodding noise

(10 Posts)
soapboxqueen Sat 04-Jul-15 12:34:19

Hi all

Random alarm has been going off since yesterday lunchtime. Stopped for about 5 hours then restarted at 9pm . It's a high pitched whistling sound that you can hear even with the windows shut. It's really hurting my ears and my ds with asd is not coping awfully well.

Most of the neighbours have been knocking on doors and asking around to work out where it is coming from, to no avail.

Called 101 as it's anti social, they directed us to the council, which I half expected but the council are shut for the weekend. Their emergency number doesn't work so there is literally nothing to be done. I wasn't expecting an sas hit squad but maybe an environmental health officer or pcso to ask permission to check alarms to find it where it is coming from.

We are getting ds to stay with relatives over the weekend as he can't deal with this level of noise.

BabyFeets Sat 04-Jul-15 13:19:44

The council have out of hours noise officers but in the mean time get yourself a pair of ear plugs

BabyFeets Sat 04-Jul-15 13:21:27

Oh sorry you said the number doesn't work.
You and your neighbours should just walk around for a bit you will find were it is coming from eventually

soapboxqueen Sat 04-Jul-15 13:24:20

Ours don't. We've tried. I can't make my dd wear ear plugs and I feel uncomfortable not being able to hear her and know what she's doing.

soapboxqueen Sat 04-Jul-15 13:29:19

The houses are like in U shape and the noise is strongest inside the U shape which is all gardens so it's impossible to pin point.

My dad can't actually hear it so I suspect the person whose house it is can't hear it either. Which is an extra problem.

iwanttogotothechaletschool Sat 04-Jul-15 13:33:37

Do the houses have gardens? Could be one of these sonic cat scarred, they make a high pitched sound when the battery is going done.

iwanttogotothechaletschool Sat 04-Jul-15 13:40:34

Cat scarer not scarred

soapboxqueen Sat 04-Jul-15 13:40:54

Yes. All gardens. We've been wondering something similar. I hope the bloody battery dies soon.

Excitedforxmas Sat 04-Jul-15 13:42:15

Wonder if 101 would have an emergency number for the council

soapboxqueen Sat 04-Jul-15 14:01:51

Tried that. They didn't want to know and just have the standard council number which doesn't work at weekends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now