Talk

Advanced search

Facial hair

(42 Posts)
haveabreakhaveakitkat Thu 02-Jul-15 09:33:54

Everytime I turn on the TV there is another massive beard staring at me.

AIU to find them both gross and a bit of a turn on, rolled into one?

Snozberry Thu 02-Jul-15 09:40:19

YANBU, I feel the same. DH has a beard now and again and I really fancy him with one but don't want to actually kiss it!

haveabreakhaveakitkat Thu 02-Jul-15 09:58:33

I can't help think about what bugs and food particles might be lurking.

Something very raw and powerful about them though. I find pics of Henry VIII quite alluring blush

MothertotheLordsofmisrule Thu 02-Jul-15 10:52:23

I love dh with a beard. Gives me something to hang on to. Woof!

He is forbidden to shave, he looks 'wrong' without it.

ArmySal Thu 02-Jul-15 12:00:25

I love them. Possibly stems from 300 the first time I watched it.

Fatstacks Thu 02-Jul-15 12:02:50

I can't even listen to Graham Norton knowing he has that beard.

I used to love a beard but Paul Hollywood ruined them for me sad

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Thu 02-Jul-15 12:05:22

Problem with any trend is some people pull it off well and others look ridiculous dh

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Thu 02-Jul-15 12:05:29

Problem with any trend is some people pull it off well and others look ridiculous dh

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Thu 02-Jul-15 12:06:17

Sorry to post that twice but he really does look ridiculous.

chelle792 Thu 02-Jul-15 12:09:37

I'm just amazed at the amount of maintenance OH puts into his beard!! I do love it though smile

tumbletumble Thu 02-Jul-15 12:10:36

I am not a beard fan

CassieBearRawr Thu 02-Jul-15 12:18:11

You ladies be crazy. Beards improve sexiness in most men by about a thousand percent. FACT. Add tattoos and glasses and oh mama.

NKfell Thu 02-Jul-15 12:21:17

DP has more toiletries than me and all for his beard grooming- it's blonde too...like a sexy viking (minus the pig tails/plaits) blush

EthelDurant123 Thu 02-Jul-15 12:23:33

I never liked beards. The DH started losing his hair and getting dry skin on his face so stopped shaving his chin but keeps his head hair to a Number 1. He looks handsome, though kissing him is more of a problem confused.

eatyouwithaspoon Thu 02-Jul-15 12:28:49

Beards are grim and harbour germs, short hard and big beard like that advert where that that man carries the woman why is he carrying ? her are the worst. Just yuk

misskatamari Thu 02-Jul-15 12:31:59

Lol beards harbour germs?? Errr, okay...

Beards are awesome! Dh has one and it's what attracted me to him on the first place. Most men look so much better with a beard. And beards are so much softer and nicer than stubble face. I never understand why people think it would be horrible to kiss someone with a beard, they're lovely and soft once they're actually a beard and not trendy stubble!

NKfell Thu 02-Jul-15 12:43:19

I also wanted to second that they're soft when they're nicely looked after like DPs- they don't harbour germs!

badtime Thu 02-Jul-15 12:50:06

Beards are foul. The only men who look better with beards are really ugly ones, particularly if they have an unusually big or small chin.

I work in Dalston, and I have to look at the ground when I am out and about, for fear of projectile vomiting at the sight of so many pasty middle-class youths who think they look manly.

humanstain Thu 02-Jul-15 12:54:02

I've not known my dh without a beard; apart from old pictures I've never seen his skin. I do love it, but won't kiss him after a meal!

U2TheEdge Thu 02-Jul-15 12:57:40

I love my husband's facial hair.

I hate it when he shaves most of it off once every few months. He looks all young and innocent and I like him looking a bit more rugged.

I don't like really bushy ones but I have never been attracted to men with no facial hair.

DidoTheDodo Thu 02-Jul-15 13:00:20

I loathe the current fashion for unruly beards. They look like pubes stuck to a face.

ebwy Thu 02-Jul-15 13:10:23

MothertotheLordsofmisrule
"Gives me something to hang on to. Woof!"

must remember to quote that episode at my very bearded husband later... though I'll probably have to find the dvds and make him rewatch it to know what I'm on about.

Anyway. Beards are sexy, as long as they aren't straggly!

weeblueberry Thu 02-Jul-15 13:16:08

Bloody love a beard. Not a fan of a super duper sculpted goatee but virtually everything else is aces.

Snozberry Thu 02-Jul-15 13:21:26

DHs beard is never soft, it's thick and coarse, what's he doing wrong then? I think if it was soft I'd feel different. His head hair is the same though but I don't have to put my face in that.

ClaudiaNaughton Thu 02-Jul-15 13:24:40

Mr Twit put me off beards forever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now