Talk

Advanced search

Has AIBU had it's day

(43 Posts)
MayPolist Wed 01-Jul-15 22:06:41

I wonder if there is any difference now between AIBU and chat?
Once upon a time AIBU was a debating forum for contentious issues.Nw it is things like babycare questions and sleb gossip.
(and I get the irony of this thread, before some smart Alec points it out)

MayPolist Wed 01-Jul-15 22:08:25

should have been 'its' not 'it's' before some saddo wets herself in her excitement at pointing it out

Theresaflyinmyhouse Wed 01-Jul-15 22:09:08

Yabu

NRomanoff Wed 01-Jul-15 22:10:01

I don't read any celeb gossip, baby care and still have plenty to read here so I would say Yabu.

It isn't a roping in the same way relationships or feminism Etc is so threads will pop up about anything or everything .

If aibu and chat are simulate why not get rid of chat? Why is the reasoning the aibu should go?

WorraLiberty Wed 01-Jul-15 22:10:11

LTB and get yourself a Nanny.

NRomanoff Wed 01-Jul-15 22:10:27

Similar not simulate

Roonerspism Wed 01-Jul-15 22:11:01

The fact you even had to post your second post says it all to me...

I think AIBU is full of hysteria and arse wiping judgey pants. YANBU

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Wed 01-Jul-15 22:11:06

Seconded Worra.
Oh and move area and book yourself a spa day

MargoReadbetter Wed 01-Jul-15 22:11:06

I think all the big topics have been done long, long ago. We are left with smaller ones, so YABU. Time to go.

NRomanoff Wed 01-Jul-15 22:11:19

Ffs I hate fucking auto correct

TheHappinessTrap Wed 01-Jul-15 22:11:23

I agree. I don't go in often because the threads often seen to be fake aibu's, such as "aibu to like cheese".

MargoReadbetter Wed 01-Jul-15 22:11:27

FFS, I meant YANBU.

todayisayesterdaystomorrow Wed 01-Jul-15 22:12:42

Op , The saddo wetting themselves could be male or female surely.... Its not just females on here.

cuntycowfacemonkey Wed 01-Jul-15 22:12:51

But where will all the plonkers post if it goes? Best keep them contained in one section if you ask me.

JessFine Wed 01-Jul-15 22:14:08

Chat's best because it's temporary.

Aibu's good if you want a straight answer, you just have to pick through all the fluff, made-up stuff and people up for a fight. It makes the good threads stand out anyway grin

TiggyD Wed 01-Jul-15 22:16:09

The question was not posed in the correct AIBU format. How can we tell you whether or not you're being unreasonable if you don't ask us.

You are also being very sexist in assuming that "we" are all "herselfs". I'm not a lady woman, and there are many others on here who also aren't. Mostly the men.

Cumbrae Wed 01-Jul-15 22:17:22

Aww, spoilsport. I like a good AIBU. Nothing funnier than 'AIBU?'

The whole of MN>> > 'Yes!'

OP: <stamps feet> 'no I'm not'

IUseAnyName Wed 01-Jul-15 22:28:32

First world problem biscuit

CainInThePunting Wed 01-Jul-15 22:42:26

It's all a bit nit picky these days, someone is always picking at others' posts and not I a healthy 'I disagree with you for this reason, discuss' way either.
Mumsnet on the whole is a bit snide these days and tbh if it weren't for the fact that I'm currently laid up with nothing better to do of a day, I wouldn't bother with it.

LapsedTwentysomething Wed 01-Jul-15 22:46:12

AIBU haa become fucking horrible. A place to kick the verbal shit out of some posters.

TealFanClub Wed 01-Jul-15 22:48:52

there is no contention on it

IUseAnyName Wed 01-Jul-15 22:49:03

I agree with lapsed.... If you dont post threads though, and just read, it can be entertaining. As soon as you ask an aibu though, you become a target for nasty comments

IUseAnyName Wed 01-Jul-15 22:50:40

Sounds like im entertained by other people being the target. I meant I tend to skip through the nasty bits, then it can be entertaining.... Its hard to skip through those bits when theyre aimed at you.

FarFromAnyRoad Wed 01-Jul-15 22:53:00

What happens on AIBU happens on every single forum. Keeping it contained here is a good idea and helps to prevent the nasty posts and snippy answers being sprayed like argumentative shit all over the place.

TheTravellingLemon Wed 01-Jul-15 22:53:07

I think AIBU is the worst side of mumsnet. I was drawn to this site because of all the supportive, funny and intelligent women (and often men too). Three traits that are often sadly missing in AIBU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now