Talk

Advanced search

to be a bit sad my siblings forgot his birthday

(5 Posts)
onevision73 Wed 01-Jul-15 14:38:13

So it was dhs birthday on Saturday. His father died 2 months ago so he is expecially fragile as we both no longer have parents. Normally my siblings send birthday cards but thisvyear nothing.
aibu to be sad about this or maybe they are following the no celebration due to bereavement line. I know of course I could ask them but
mn jury wha do you think?

molyholy Wed 01-Jul-15 14:41:43

I would presume they are being sensitive to his feelings if they usually send him a card. If he is especially fragile as you say, they may have thought happy birthday wishes would be a bit insensitive imho. Sorry for your/your dh's loss flowers

reni1 Wed 01-Jul-15 14:57:57

text your siblings, they can pop a card in the post and blame royal mail.

honeyroar Wed 01-Jul-15 15:09:13

Really? Do people really not send birthday cards to people that are grieving? It would never occur to me not to. Surely they need more fuss and positive things to lift them?

Dunkyourcustardcream Wed 01-Jul-15 15:33:07

Are your siblings brothers? Because brothers are rubbish. Mine don't remember my DH, DD or DS birthdays. I remember their kids and wife and girlfriend's birthday. (Ive got two brothers not one with a wife and gf!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now